Softened butter is sometimes required for a recipe and it is also much easier to use when you want to butter toast or spread butter on bread or rolls. There isn't anything much more frustrating than trying to spread hard, cold butter on toast. There are also lots of recipes, especially when baking that call for softened butter, not melted butter...believe it or not, it can make a huge difference in the way a recipe turns out, especially when it is supposed to be creamed with sugar when baking. This easy tutorial will show you how to soften butter quickly without melting it!
This easy kitchen hack is just one of the many tips that I have shared...you can check out all of my cleaning hacks and tips HERE on my Mom 4 Real Cleaning Page!
More Easy Kitchen Hacks
- How to Clean Sheet Pans with Ease
- How to Kill and Trap Gnats
- Homemade Grease Cleaning Spray
- 2 Ingredient Scouring Scrub that Cleans Almost Anything
How to Soften Butter
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to Soften Butter Fast
- Unwrap a stick of butter.
- Place the butter on a plate.
- Fill a tall glass with hot water.
Let it sit for 30 seconds, then pour water out.
- Place the warm glass over the stick of butter.
Let it sit over the butter for 2-3 minutes. If the butter is frozen, you may have to repeat this step a few times.
- Remove the glass and discard.
- Your butter should be softened and ready to use!