This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission.
When I first got my Instant Pot, I immediately knew that I wanted to make corned beef and cabbage in it. It’s one of my favorite meals, and for some reason, I’ve never, ever tried making it at home. This past weekend, we went to Louisville for a concert, and had lunch at an Irish pub, Patrick Oshea’s. As soon as I saw corned beef brisket on the menu, I had to have it! It was sooo delicious! So, yesterday, I hit the grocery store and bought the ingredients to make it in my Instant Pot. You guys!!! It turned out so perfect! Like, mouthwatering, I couldn’t stop eating it, PERFECT!
I put together a quick video showing just how easy it is to make my corned beef and cabbage in the Instant Pot…I switched it up and put the cabbage in with the corned beef for this video. I have to say, I prefer the cabbage when made after the corned beef though.Print
- 3–4 lb. corned beef brisket with spice pack
- 1 small head of cabbage cut into 6 pieces
- 1 small onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3–4 large carrots
- 6 medium sized red potatoes
- 4 cups of beef broth
- Instant Pot or other pressure cooker
- Place steamer basket in Instant Pot. Add 4 cups of beef broth to the IP along with the onion and garlic. Mix in spices or spice pack. Place the corned beef brisket on steamer basket. Place the lid on your IP and lock the lid. Set to cook manually for 90 minutes. Once the pressure cooker is finished cooking, let it release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the rest of the steam. Remove the lid away from your body, allowing any left over steam to escape. Remove the corned beef brisket and set aside.
- To cook the vegetables, add them to the steamer basket. Cook on the Soup setting for 10 minutes. Once the vegetables have cooked, slice the corned beef and serve them all together.
If you are interested in purchasing an Instant Pot, you can find it HERE.
Start by adding 4 cups of beef broth to your pressure cooker.
Next, add your onion and garlic.
Now, add the steamer basket. If your pressure cooker didn’t come with one, you can skip this part or find one HERE. Time to add your corned beef and spice packet that comes with it! Once your corned beef is in, close and lock the lid of your pressure cooker. Press the Manual button, and set the time for 90 minutes. Be sure your vent is on Seal. Step back and let your pressure cooker do it’s thing!
Once the cooking is finished, allow it to natural release (or basically just leave it alone) for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, carefully turn the steam release valve to Venting to activate the quick release. ***Do not stand above the vent while doing this, so the steam doesn’t touch you. I typically wear an oven mitt for this step.***
Now, pull your cooked corned beef brisket out of the instant pot and cover it with foil.
Now, time to cook the vegetables! Add in your cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Replace the lid and lock it. Press the soup option and set the cook timer for 10 minutes. Once it finishes cooking, turn the steam release valve to Venting to quick release the steam.
Once the steam has released, pull your veggies out and place them in a dish. Slice your corned beef and place it on top. To finish it off, spoon some of the liquid from the pressure cooker over the corned beef and vegetables…it’s full of flavor!
Your corned beef and cabbage is ready to serve and eat! It’s so easy to make this meal, and I can’t wait to serve it up to some friends in a couple of weeks on St. Patrick’s Day! The great thing is that I won’t have to wait until March to enjoy this tasty meal now…I can make it any time I want!
Looking for more recipes to make in your Instant Pot? I’ll be sharing tons soon, so be sure to sign up for my emails below. For now, here is one you can use any time, especially around Easter…
This quick and easy tutorial showing How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot is perfect whether you need just a few hard boiled eggs or a bunch for Easter egg dying!