If you are looking for the perfect low carb alternative to buffalo wings, then these air fryer cauliflower buffalo wings are exactly what you need! They are vegan, gluten free, not fried in any oil and come out perfectly crispy every time. Your whole family will love these healthy, air fried cauliflower bites!
Buffalo wings have been one of my favorite foods for my entire adult life...there just isn't anything much better than a perfectly crispy drumette dipped in blue cheese (or ranch if that's your thing). While I still love my wings, I have been trying to eat more veggies, and thought I would try to jump on the whole cauliflower wing bandwagon. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower rice or raw cauliflower, but I am totally on board with cauliflower wings, especially if they are nice and crispy! They just hit different than other cauliflower for me. I also love that these cauli wings can be made gluten free since my daughter has a major sensitivity to gluten. If you don't have a gluten intolerance, you can make them with gluten and they taste exactly the same.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is pretty much a countertop, high powered convection oven that circulates heat around your food while cooking it. The rapid circulation cooks food evenly. It leaves food crisp on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside, somewhat mocking a deep fryer, but without submerging food in hot oil. So, essentially, it can cook food like a grill, oven or deep fryer, but in a healthy way!
Air Fryer Recipes
If you are a long time reader, then you know how much I love my air fryer...I literally use it every single day! Here are some of the other recipes that I have shared using my air fryer.
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon that Tastes Like Upscale Restaurant Steak
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken
- Air Fryer Mini Cheeseburger Sliders
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- How to Cook the Perfect Air Fryer Steak
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in an Air Fryer
Air Fryer Cooking Chart
If you are looking for an easy way to keep track of how long to cook foods in your air fryer and also how long, I've created this printable Air Fryer Cooking Chart to help you out! You can print it, screenshot it and keep it on your phone or iPad, or you can save it to Pinterest to reference later! I keep a copy of it on my refrigerator as a quick reference when air fryer frozen foods, veggies and meats! Click HERE to Print or Download my Air Fryer Cooking Times Chart!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings Recipe
Just a quick note...if you aren't a fan of buffalo sauce, you can toss these cauliflower wings in any sauce you like! Some tasty options would be BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, Caribbean jerk or just enjoy them without sauce!
I hope you enjoy these air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings as much as my family does! If you typically dip your hot wings in blue cheese dressing, you have to try my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing to go with them...it's better than any store bought dressing I've ever had, and is also perfect for salads and a veggie dip!Print
Air Fryer Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
If you are looking for the perfect low carb alternative to buffalo wings, then these air fryer cauliflower buffalo wings are exactly what you need! They are vegan, not fried in any oil and come out perfectly crispy every time. Your whole family will love these healthy, air fried cauliflower bites!
- 1 ¼ cup of gluten free flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 large cauliflower, stems removed, cut into florets
- ¼ cup of hot sauce
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or molasses
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F
- Add the spices and flour to a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk in milk slowly until there are no lumps.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the flour mixture and toss until each piece is coated completely.
- Remove the cauliflower pieces and place on a rack so the excess batter can run off.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Place cauliflower florets in the basket in a single layer, sides not touching each other.
- Cook at 350° F for 15 minutes.
- During the cooking time, add the hot sauce, butter and maple syrup to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir well until completely combined and remove from heat.
- Once the cauliflower is finished cooking, place it in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and toss until completely coated.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: air fryer
Keywords: air fryer, cauliflower, cauliflower wings, low carb, keto, air fried
Leave a Reply