Camera Strap Cover {tutorial}

I finally got my new camera a few weeks ago, and have been dying for one of those cute little camera strap covers that I have seen all over the place.  I wanted to make one, but I have been struggling with figuring out how to sew a ruffle…it just had to have a ruffle!  So, I sat myself down at my sewing machine, and figured it out!   Now, I have a gorgeous and girly camera strap!  {Lord help Matt, because I will now be adding ruffles to everything in the house.}
Okay, so this is how I did it…I winged it after I figured the whole ruffle thing out…
I started with this beautiful aqua paisley fabric.
I folded it over twice on each end to make a seam.
I then sewed right down the seam.
I doubled my fabric over on the wrong side, and sewed down one end.  I then flipped it right side out.  It’s nice and thick that way.
The next step for me was embellishing…I wanted it really, super girly!  I made a few fabric rosettes…you can find that tutorial here.  Then I sewed two ruffles…I am not ready to show you how to do that yet, because I kind of stink at it ;).
I hot glued the ruffles and rosettes onto the strap.
And there you have it…my super adorable, way girly, bright and happy camera strap cover!  Now I have to figure out how to glam up my ugly camera bag!

I love a good bathroom makeover...here is the before, check out the finished results! http://t.co/x6FE0LMFDR... http://t.co/LsxASTT7QV - 35 mins ago

Comments

comments

Comments

This is so girly cute I love it! Love that Ruffle! I can’t wait till I have one of those fancy cameras… for sure be making one of these straps! Good job!!

This is so cute! I paid a bunch of money for one, but looks like I’ll be making some for gifts now!!
    Thanks

Vanessa

Cute fabric choices! I’ll have to do something similar one day. I’m just now getting to where I use my camera daily. Thanks for sharing!

Jess @
    tupelocreative.blogspot.com

Sooo darn pretty!!!!

Thanks for linking up at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality linky party! :)

Christine
    xoxo

Fabulous fabric choices! I love anything with a ruffle! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark – I’ll be featuring this today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Jenn :)

Super cute! love the fabrics!! You did a great job on your ruffle! Also love the little rolled flower! thank you for linking up at Uncommon! Bonnie ;)

That’s so cute! I got a new camera recently and made a strap cover this week also. But mine doesn’t have a ruffle – I may need to make another!

I absolutely love this! I have only sewed a few things and not really good- but I think that this is something I could do. I need a cute new camera strap!! Come visit at simplystylish.com

Have you been lurking in my house and seen my carrying around my camera without a strap? Gasp…I know. this is cute. And simple enough that I can do it!

I’ve popped over from Debbie’s Linky party! I love amateur photography and this is “sew” pretty! I can’t wait to break out my sewing machine! I’m going to pin this and Follow your blog! I’m off to explore more!

Have a wonderful day!

Mary

1. [...] maybe take it a step forward.  I dug out my sewing machine this week to make a camera strap cover {tutorial here}, and was looking all over for the supplies that I needed.  I had to dig through my sewing box to [...]