Last week I shared the Big Holiday Challenge that I am participating in with a few other fabulous bloggers thanks to Big Lots! I also gave you a little peek at what I was shopping for and some of the fun pieces I was going to use for my Holiday decor this year. Today I want to share some of the ways I am using those items and some simple tips for taking the stress out of Christmas decorating!
1. My favorite thing to use as decor during any season is natural decor! Here, I placed some pinecones in an inexpensive trough I found at Big Lots. I placed a little candle next to them to give my side table a little pop of color, but the pinecones are clearly the star of the show. Plus, you don’t have to take them down after Christmas, just leave them there all winter long!
2. Add a little bling! As much as I love my natural decor, I love a little bling too! I placed this gold sequin deer in a terrarium that I already had and placed some fun ornaments and faux greenery in the bottom too. It looks like this little deer found its way inside a greenhouse, and is a fun conversation piece!
3. Simple touches can really make a big impact! Placing this little bottle brush tree under a cloche adds a sweet touch to my coffee table. Sometimes the simple touches are the best! This little tree just looks sweet to me!
4. Decorate your mantel with simple items. No mantel? No problem…the same can be done on a shelf! I fell in love with these white pinecone trees. I just added them and left the candlesticks, antique shutters and the chalkboard that I made from a mirror years ago. I hung a wreath on the front of the chalkboard using a 3M hook and added a sweet burlap bow.
5. Add little touches of Christmas to unexpected places. This decoupaged deer sits on one of my bookshelves. I left the books and plant as they were and just sat the deer in front of them. It almost looks like the deer is checking out the plant…maybe it’s looking for a little snack?
I can’t wait to reveal the entire room to you! I was so excited to get started, and couldn’t believe all of the items Big Lots had to offer. I simply added the pieces I found there to some of the items that were already in my home, and it definitely feels like Christmas in here now!
I was challenged by Big Lots and am participating in the #BigHoliday Challenge for National Decorate Your Home for the Holidays Week – November 16-22! I encourage you not to just dream big for the holidays…achieve big with Big Lots! Planning ahead and starting early is the secret to de-stressing and spreading holiday cheer! Big Lots and I want to encourage you to transform your home into a holiday wonderland during National Decorate Your Home Week!
Big Lots has everything you’ll need to get a head start on the holiday season…big ideas and big deals on the biggest assortment of holiday decorations! Visit Big Lots or follow #BigHoliday for tips and tricks and start hauling out the holly!