My New Breakfast Nook

It’s been a crazy busy week here already.  On a whim, I decided to take back my breakfast nook.  I have been using it as a craft nook for the past year, and as my supplies keep growing, I have just outgrown the space.
You see, my craft nook has undergone about 5 different make-overs in the past year, and now she has moved to a new space…that’s another post entirely.  Now I have a new pretty space to enjoy my coffee, and my family can join me.  This also gives us extra space for holiday dining!
It all started with this chippy little corner shelf.  I found it, and just didn’t know what to do with it.  I put it on my desk for a bit, but kept thinking that it needed somewhere to shine.  Then, last week, I decided to bring my things home from my shop.  I’ll tell you all about that later…it’s completely drama filled, and to be honest, I just don’t want to go there right now.  So…now that I had all of my loveliness back home, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!
I hung the shelf in the corner, brought my table and bench in, then got to work!
I started grabbing things and moving them here and there, then I remembered that I had an ugly old shutter in my garage.  I threw some oops paint on it and put it in the corner, and oh my…I love it!  Now I want shutters everywhere…back to the ReStore for me this weekend!
I bought these glass bottles and carrier from Decor Steals a few weeks ago, and now I know it was fate!  They belong on my round table with the old mason jar my mom gave me a couple of months ago.
My Beachy Blue Bench got a new coat of aqua paint and my Dropcloth Pillows have a new home!
I just love it when everything comes together like it was meant to be.  I am so happy to have all of my things back in my home, living together in perfect harmony.  Cue the Ebony and Ivory.
So, who wants to come over for brunch?  I’ll make mimosas, and we can read magazines!

~Jessica

facebooktwittergoogle+pinterestemail me

New post! Inexpensive Backsplash Idea ~ Faux Plank Wall - Hey there!  Today I am giving a little sneak peek o... http://t.co/3dsozGMjut - 1 day ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Sorry first off to hear of drama with the shop. That stinks. Glad all your lovely things are back at home with you. I adore the breakfast nook and all the cute elments and colors. I could totally see a cute colorful rug with red in it to pull red to the floor from your flowers, under the table. Enjoy. wInks, jen

What time should I be there? I love the redo. Everything looks wonderful. The shutter is great! I put the shutters I made next to my picture window and I love it. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

Holly

This is exactly what I want in my dining room! So bright and cheery. I have the table and chairs, just gotta find a cute corner shelf!!! Beautiful room.

Alright, I am Coming over Next week for a whole week. Can you handle me that long? Jess- In love. Love the colors, not too bright, prefect amount of Pop! I would LOVE more then Anything to come over and share some beverages with ya.. talk some crap and read some magazines!! :) Great job Girl!!

I’ll be right over – you had me at mimosas! Then you could fill me in your your drama-filled saga!

I love your shutter & cabinet-the perfect shade of blue! In fact, this would be perfect for our Crazy About Color link party on July 31!
    Kelly

Oh Jessica!! This is absolutely PERFECT!! I love it as your breakfast nook!!! LOVE the blue here and there! You MUST tell me about the shutter in the corner! I’m working on two for Emanuelle’s headboard… do you paint it.. how did you go about it?

You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? :)

I want to come! I was drawn to this little nook from the second I saw it! Love the blue accents…that color is speaking to me a lot lately :)

I’ll bring my magazines!

I love the colors you used! I just remodeled my laundry room and I used the same colors but also used red!. I hope you will drop by for a visit!
    GREAT job!
    ~~~rhonda~~~

This is adorable! I love the colors, the chairs, the little accents (especially that little milk bottle carrier). It’s all fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up to Pretty Things Thurs!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

I love your nook space! I have windows that come pretty far down like yours and I have had a hard time thinking anything would look good in that little end of the kitchen so it has sort of been a relegated junk pile. Now that I’ve seen yours, I know something will look good there! I don’t have the talent to copy you, but I’ll think of something! Thanks so much for posting this!

Patty says

Love that pop of color, one of my favorites. I have a large shutter in my dinning room painted and hung a modpodge of frames on it with pics. I can change them out to keep it current. Thanks for sharing:)

OH MY WORD!!!!! HOW in the heck did I miss this?!! Thank goodness I saw it at Tatertots and Jello!!! This is AMAZING, Jessica!!! incredible job!! XO~Liz@NaptimeDecorator

I love what You did and I am guessing this is some of the things you did to sell..and nope did not sell so you are now able to have things you made with some love for others…and you get to enjoy…would love a cup of DDp I am not a coffee or tea drinker but looking at mags…getting inspiration you bet…enjoy and drink up….love what you did…but show us where you create now….curious….

This space looks so lovely! The blue is bright and cheerful and I love the coke bottles. A great space to spend the morning. :)

xo-Kimberly {allons-y kimberly}

What a bright, adorable room! I love the color and the things you’ve chosen to show off there. Can you tell me about your window valances? Are they matelasse?

Oh my goodness… oh my goodness!! I love it. I am repainting my kitchen and it is very small – I bought a pedestal table off of Craigslist last night just like yours and am trying to decide whether to just paint the skirt white and refinish the top, but after seeing yours I think I’ll paint the whole thing! I love aqua and everything you’ve done looks spectacular! Following now. :)

Saw your nook on your kitchen revamp post this week. Can I come over for breakfast? I want to curl up in the back corner of the bench with some coffee, Eggs Benedict and a book. Love it!

Saw this on hometalk. It looks great! I’m redoing a hutch for my kitchen with a similar color and I’m so excited about it! Love the pop of yellow, too. Since I’m redoing the kitchen cabinets, too, I’ll have to think about that! Great job!