I love making my own cleaning products, because I can make them using gentle, non-toxic ingredients. It’s a bonus when I can make a homemade cleaning product that is reusable as well, because it’s even better for our environment. These Homemade Reusable Bathroom Cleaning Wipes only have a few ingredients, including essential oils and Castile soap, and can be tossed in the wash and reused again and again!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission.
What’s in homemade bathroom cleaning wipes?
- 2 cups of distilled water (helps the wipes keep longer)
- 2 tablespoons of Castile Soap (
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (
- 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (
- reusable cleaning cloths ( Purchase HERE )
- airtight container
How do you make reusable cleaning wipes?
Start by adding 2 tablespoons of Castile soap and 10 drops each of lavendar and lemon essential oils to a bowl or the container you will be storing them in. Stir the mixture together and add one cup of distilled water.
Next, cut your cleaning cloths/wipes in half.
Place the cleaning cloths in the container with the liquid soap and oil mixture.
Pour the remaining cup of water into the container, seal shut and shake well.
How do you use reusable bathroom cleaning wipes?
- Open the container and remove 1 wipe.
- Wring the wipe into the container so that the excess soap mixture goes back into the container and your wipe is damp to the touch.
- Use the wipe to clean all of the surfaces in your bathroom. I typically use one to clean things like sinks and countertops and a new one to clean toilet seats and surrounding areas.
- Toss the used wipe into the washing machine with towels and linens to clean. Dry with towels and linens.
- Once you have used all of your wipes, you can add them back to the liquid mixture until you run out. Then start fresh with new liquid and you can still reuse the original wipes until they start to fall apart or wear out. Then just replace the old wipes with new!
I hope you love this easy homemade cleaning solution. For hundreds more, check out my Cleaning Page HERE!