As you know, I’m a HUGE fan of making my own beauty products. I share several on my Home Tips Page. Well, today, I want to share 5 DIY Beauty Recipes You Can Make Yourself using items you may already have around your home!
These 5 DIY beauty products are simple to make, and I love adding them to my favorite Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle. You can learn more about it at the end of this post!
5 DIY Beauty Products
- Facial Toner – Combine 1/2 cup raw, unfiltered apple cider with 1/2 cup water (you can add essential oils or brewed herbal tea too!) and gently spray onto your skin.
- Insect Repellent Spray – Mix 1 1/2 cups of witch hazel, 2 tbs olive oil, 100 drops of essential oils like lemon, cedarwood, lavender or rosemary recommended). Shake well and apply.
- Hair Detangler Spray – Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer and mix with 1/2 cup of creme conditioner. Pour in spray bottle and apply to ends of hair. You can rinse it out or leave it in as a leave in conditioner.
- Skin Moisturizer – In a spray bottle, mix 1 1/2 cup of warm water, 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oils. Spritz on face and neck before bed. Items will separate, so shake well before each use.
- Deoderant Spray – Fill your spray bottle with 1 cup of witch hazel. Add 20 drops each of Frankincense, Lavender and Lemon essential oils. Spray under arms and in any area that you feel may need a little deodorizing boost!
My favorite is the Insect Repellent Spray for sure because I really do not like the chemical smell and greasy feel that most store bought bug sprays have. I love that these items can be made pretty inexpensively with household items and that they don’t contain tons of ingredients that I can’t even pronounce!
As you know, I share tons of DIY Cleaning Recipes. I often get asked what products I would buy if I didn’t make my own, and I totally get that! I don’t always have time or want to make my own, so when I don’t, I buy Mrs. Meyer’s brand cleaning products. Right now Grove Collaborative is having an amazing deal, and this is the last day you can score it…
So…I wanted to share Grove Collaborative’s Mrs. Meyer’s Spring Cleaning Kit offer with you because it is only available until 9pm EST today, Tuesday, March 22!
THE BEST PART OF THIS OFFER? WHETHER YOU’RE NEW TO GROVE OR AN EXISTING CUSTOMER, YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE.
If you’re new to Grove Collaborative, here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative HERE . You will receive the Mrs. Meyer’s spring seasonal offer for free when you sign up!
- Answer 4 quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your first basket — this takes under 30 seconds!
- Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products to suit your household needs by adding or removing items.
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive in your first box.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
Already hooked on Grove Collaborative? Existing customers click HERE to get a free Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle in your next order.
BONUS!!! Selected readers will win a bouquet of spring flowers delivered to your door! 1 in 50 readers will receive a gorgeous spring bouquet from Farmgirl, The Bouqs andBloomThat! They will even be personalizing each bunch and delivering same day where possible. Good luck!!