If you've been wondering how to make your own natural toothpaste, then you've come to the right place! This homemade natural toothpaste is made with 3 ingredients and will help whiten your teeth and make your breath fresh without all of the toxic chemicals in most store bought toothpastes.
With all of the toxic chemicals that can be found in some store bought toothpastes, I've been trying to find a good alternative that I can make myself. I love knowing what's in the products that I put in my body, and this DIY toothpaste only has 3 ingredients! I've been using it for about 3 months now, and have noticed that my teeth feel cleaner and are more white than they were before I started using it. It's so easy to make and leaves a nice minty, clean taste behind as well!
If you are interested in making your own natural products for your body and cleaning your home, be sure to check out my Home Tips Page HERE! There are hundreds of easy home tips, non-toxic cleaning recipes and DIY bath and body recipes too!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission.
What's in homemade toothpaste?
- ½ cup of coconut oil ( Purchase HERE)
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda ( Purchase HERE )
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil ( Purchase HERE )
How do you make homemade toothpaste?
- Start by adding ½ cup of room temperature coconut oil to a bowl.
- Next, add 4 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Pour in 15 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Mix together until it forms a nice, soft paste.
- Transfer the toothpaste to an airtight jar. I love THESE glass jars for storing my homemade toothpaste.
How do you use homemade toothpaste?
To use the homemade toothpaste, simply add ½ teaspoon to your toothbrush and brush your teeth for 2 minutes, twice each day!
This homemade toothpaste is a great natural whitener and will also leave your breath smelling minty fresh!Print
This homemade natural toothpaste is made with 3 ingredients and will help whiten your teeth and make your breath fresh without all of the toxic chemicals in most store bought toothpastes.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to an airtight container or glass jar. To use, place ½ teaspoon of the paste on a toothbrush and brush for 2 minutes, twice daily.