Steak fajita rice bowls are so simple to make and can be made many different ways. These quick and delicious steak fajita bowls are made with steak, cilantro-lime rice, caramelized peppers and onions, black beans and avocado, but you could add guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes or serve with brown rice or quinoa! They are so versatile!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 center cut sirloin steak (around 1 lb.)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime
For the Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- To a large baggie, add the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the steak, and allow it to come to room temperature (should sit out of the refrigerator for about 30 minutes)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced peppers and onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until softened to your liking.
- Remove the peppers and onions and set them aside.
- Add the tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt, then sear the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Serve on rice with your choice of toppings.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the entire bowl.
- Category: dinner
- Method: skillet
Keywords: fajita, rice bowl, rice, steak, beef