Tri-Tips have become an increasingly popular cut of beef to cook, grill, roast and smoke, and they are full of delicious flavor! This easy Reverse Seared Tri-Tip Roast is the perfect meat to feed a crowd or make and use for multiple meals!
2-3 lb Tri-Tip Roast or Steak
- Let the Tri-Tip come to room temperature and season well.
- Heat grill or smoker to 225°
- Cook the Tri-Tip for 60-90 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 125° in the deepest part of the Tri-Tip. If you are using a grill, place the Tri-Tip away from the flames so it can cook indirectly.
- Remove it from the grill/smoker and crank your grill/smoker up to 425° or as high as 500°
- Sear the Tri-Tip on each side for 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: beef
- Method: grill
Keywords: tri-tip, beef, roast, steak, grill, smoked