I learned how to make quick pickled red onions a few years ago and have been making them regularly since. My husband and I love to add them to tacos, wraps, salads, sandwiches, soups and have even been known to eat them without anything at all. They are slightly sweet, a little acidic, and full of amazing flavor that adds the perfect punch to any dish!
- one medium red onion
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar ( Purchase HERE )
- 1 tbsp sugar ( Purchase HERE )
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt ( Purchase HERE )
- glass mason jar ( Purchase HERE )
- thinly slice one medium red onion
- place in a mason jar or glass container
- mix apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt together well
- pour over sliced red onions
- seal tightly and place in refrigerator for at least one hour
Quick pickled red onions are best when used within two weeks.
Use on tacos, soups, in wraps, on sandwiches and more!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: onions, pickled, pickled onions, red onion, pickled red onion