Nothing beats a perfectly cooked steak, and now it’s so easy to cook a steak even in the winter months using an air fryer. The air fryer sears the outside of the steak while locking in the juices and cooking your steak to perfection! This tutorial will show you how to cook the perfect air fryer steak so you can enjoy it all year round!
- New York Strip Steak 1 1/4 inches thick, around 1 lb. (size depends on your preference)
- Weber Steak Seasoning (optional instead of salt and pepper)
- Start by bringing the steaks to room temperature. It’s super important not too cook steaks when they are cold so they cook evenly on the inside and out. It usually takes 30 minutes to an hour for steaks to get to room temperature.
- Once your steaks have come to room temp, it’s time to season them. I like to keep it simple and season them with salt and pepper or Weber Steak Seasoning ( Purchase HERE )
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F. Once the air fryer is ready, place the steaks on the rack or basket at least an inch apart so the air can circulate around them. Cook for 12-24 minutes, flipping midway through. Use a meat thermometer (Purchase HERE) to check the temperature.
- The safe temperature for cooked beef is 145° Fahrenheit, but most people prefer their cakes cooked differently. I typically love my steaks cooked medium-rare to medium.
- Once you pull your steaks from the air fryer, place them on a plate or pan with aluminum foil lightly tenting them, and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.