If you want to wow your family with a decadent holiday meal this season, then check out this easy tutorial on How to Cook an Herb Crusted Strip Loin Roast and knock their socks off! It’s less expensive than prime rib, but still has the same delicious flavor. Serve your guests this amazing cut of beef for the holidays and I guarantee they will thank you!
- a 3–4 lb. strip loin roast (ask your butcher for this cut of beef)
- 1/4 cup coarse cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons dry thyme
- Pat your strip loin dry with paper towels.
- Apply the rub to the entire roast and chill in the refrigerator (covered) for at least 3 hours up to overnight.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.