Homemade Rice Krispie Treats are a favorite in our home, but during Christmas we like to kick them up a notch and make these super cute Grinch Heart Rice Krispies Treats…easiest recipe ever and they are oh so delicious!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- green food coloring for the Grinch heart version
- small red candies
- Start by melting the butter.
- Mix in and melt the marshmallows.
- Stir in 4-5 squirts of green food coloring or more until you get the desired shade of green.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the Rice Krispies cereal.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet and spread the mixture on it until it is about an inch thick.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the hearts and place them on wax paper.
- Place a heart shaped candy in the center of each heart shaped treat, pressing down so it will stick.
This green version of Rice Krispie Treats also makes really cute Christmas trees. Just use a cookie cutter in the shape of a Christmas tree instead of a heart, and decorate with colored icing!
Keywords: Rice Krispies, treats, marshmallows, Grinch