Shredded chicken tacos are by far a family favorite meal in our home! These Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos are cooked from frozen chicken breasts and are ready in 15 minutes. The pressure cooker cooks the chicken perfectly leaving it tender and shreddable with tons of flavor. The shredded taco chicken is perfect for tacos, taco bowls, enchiladas, soup, salad and on it’s own!
- 3–4 frozen chicken breast or 6– 8 chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup of chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Place 3-4 frozen chicken breasts or 6-8 chicken breast tenders in your pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth or stock.
- Add 1 cup of salsa.
- Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- Stir together and seal the lid of your pressure cooker.
- Set timer for 15 minutes and allow pressure to build and cooking to begin.
- Once the timer has stopped you can either remove the chicken and shred immediately or leave the chicken and shred when you are ready to use it.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pressure cooker and stir together with the remaining sauce.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the chicken from the sauce and use for tacos, salads, soup, taco bowls or eat alone!
You can also make this easy shredded taco chicken in a slow cooker. For a slow cooker, add the chicken, salsa, salsa and taco seasoning and turn on high for 6 hours.
- Category: dinner
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: taco, chicken, shredded chicken, Instant Pot, pressure cooker