Break out your pressure cookers because these Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Taco bowls are so easy and delicious, they will become an instant family favorite meal! You can load them up with avocado, black beans, cheese, lettuce, caramelized peppers and onions, guacamole, sour cream, or tomatoes…it’s totally up to you! Enjoy them with rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa to make them low carb or keto friendly! Bonus: you can make them using frozen chicken breasts if you like!
- 3–4 frozen chicken breast or 6– 8 chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup of chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Place 3-4 frozen chicken breasts or 6-8 chicken breast tenders in your pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth or stock.
- Add 1 cup of salsa.
- Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- Stir together and seal the lid of your pressure cooker.
- Set timer for 15 minutes and allow pressure to build and cooking to begin.
- Once the timer has stopped you can either remove the chicken and shred immediately or leave the chicken and shred when you are ready to use it.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pressure cooker and stir together with the remaining sauce.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the chicken from the sauce.
- Serve in a bowl over rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa and top with avocado, black beans, cheese, lettuce, caramelized peppers and onions, guacamole, sour cream, or tomatoes.
Keywords: taco, taco bowl, instant pot, shredded chicken, pressure cooker