Tacos have been our family's favorite meal for many years, and now these Easy Air Fryer Taco Bites just may take their place! Instead of using taco shells, I used puff pastry (phyllo dough) to make the shells, and they perfectly crunchy and delicious. They are filled with beefy, cheesy goodness that your kiddos will love and they literally only take a few minutes and ingredients to make! These taco bites are the perfect appetizer or dinner!
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning (equivalent of 1 seasoning packet)
- 1/2 can of Rotel with green chiles
- 1 pack of refrigerated or frozen phyllo dough (puff pastry)
- shredded colby jack cheese
- Start by browning a pound of ground beef, then drain. Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 can of Rotel with green chiles and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Then set aside.
- Roll out one sheet of refrigerated or frozen puff pastry and cut into 2 inch squares. Place them in a greased (I use avocado oil cooking spray) mini muffin pan and push the middles down so they form a shell.
- Fill each shell to the top with your taco beef mixture.
- Air fry at 400° F for 6-8 minutes or until the puff pastry has turned a golden color.
- Top each taco bite with shredded cheese and place back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite toppings!
To cook in the oven, follow the above instructions, and cook until the tops of the puff pastry shells start to turn golden.
Top with avocado, guacamole, pico, salsa, jalapenos, shredded lettuce and more!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: tacos, taco, taco bites, beef, appetizer, nachos, nacho bites