Making your own home cleaners is super easy and typically only takes a few ingredients. This DIY All-Purpose Cleaner only has 3 natural ingredients and can be used to clean most surfaces in your home!
If you are looking for more DIY solutions to everyday problems, check out this recipe for the ultimate homemade de-icer!
With a major shortage in cleaning supplies and limited options for purchasing ingredients to make your own cleaners becoming an ongoing problem, I've been busy trying to come up with easy but effective ways to clean my home with the items that are available. I stumbled upon a new all-purpose cleaner that was so simple to make...only 3 ingredients...and it works amazingly well! This DIY All-Purpose Cleaner has quickly become my go to cleaning spray for our entire home, and it's made with one of my favorite new cleaners, Sal Suds!
More Homemade Cleaning Ideas
I've been making my own homemade cleaning solutions for at least 11 years now, here are a few of my favorites...
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- 3 Ingredient Grease Cleaning Spray
- Homemade Glass and Mirror Cleaner
- DIY Soft Scrub for Sinks, Tubs and Cleaning Pots and Pans
- 3 Ingredient Toilet Cleaning Bombs
- Homemade Produce Wash
What is Sal Suds?
Sal Suds is a plant based, concentrated all-purpose cleaner made by Dr. Bronners. Dr. Bronner's also makes one of my other favorite plant base cleaners that I use in tons of my cleaning recipes, Castile soap. The difference between Sal Suds and Castile soap is that Castile soap is a true mineral based soap that is primarily made for the body, but can be used in cleaning recipes while Sal Suds is a biodegradable household cleaner that is only used for cleaning surfaces that won't leave streaks, doesn't react to hard water and leaves surfaces clean and sparkly!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission.
How to Make All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar ( Purchase HERE )
- ½ teaspoon of Sal Suds ( Purchase HERE ) I'll be sharing tons more posts using the Sal Suds!
- Glass Spray Bottle ( Purchase HERE ) or Plastic Spray Bottle ( Purchase HERE )
Mix the ingredients together in a clean spray bottle and shake well before each use.
How to Use Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
Spray liberally on kitchen and bathroom surfaces and wipe away with a damp, clean microfiber cloth or paper towel.
DO NOT USE ON GRANITE - The vinegar in this cleaner can cause damage to granite surfaces.
Printable Cleaning Labels
If you'd like to use the labels that I used above, you are in luck! I have the Free Printable Cleaning Labels HERE for you to download and print. I typically use a sheet of clean contact paper to laminate them onto my bottles or you can print them. Here are some printable charts and labels to help you be more organized!
Cleaning Printable Charts and Labels
Looking for more cleaning printables? I have tons of printable cleaning charts, cleaning recipes with labels more HERE or check them out below...
- Printable Cleaning Charts for Daily, Weekly and Monthly Cleaning
- Peppermint Foaming Hand Soap with Free Printable Labels
- Printable Weekly Menu Planner and Grocery List
- 30 Day Cleaning Challenge Printable
- Ant Deterrent Spray with Printable Labels
- Natural Spider Killing Spray with Printable Labels
Find all of my cleaning tips, hacks and recipes HERE on my Cleaning Page!