DIY Air Freshener Plug-In Refill: Benefits and Eco-Friendly Solutions
In today's eco-conscious world, the idea of refilling a plug-in air freshener has gained significant traction. But why is this method becoming increasingly popular? Here are some compelling reasons:
- Cost-Effective: Buying a brand-new plug-in air freshener every time can be costly. By opting to refill, you can save a considerable amount of money in the long run. Many brands now offer refill packs at a fraction of the cost of a new unit.
- Eco-Friendly: Every time you throw away a used plug-in air freshener, it adds to the landfill. Refilling reduces waste, making it a more environmentally friendly option. By reusing the same device, you're cutting down on plastic waste and contributing to a more sustainable future.
- Customization with Essential Oils: Some people choose to refill plug-in air fresheners with essential oils. This not only provides a natural scent but also offers therapeutic benefits. For instance, lavender can be calming, while eucalyptus can be invigorating.
- DIY Refill Options: The internet is rife with DIY refill plug-in air freshener hacks. From using fabric softener to perfume, there are numerous ways to give your air freshener a new lease of life. However, it's essential to ensure that the method is safe and won't harm the device.
- Consistent Fragrance: Refilling allows you to maintain a consistent fragrance in your home or office. If you've found a scent you love, why change it? Refilling ensures that your space always smells just the way you like it.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: Manufacturing new products always has an environmental cost. By refilling your plug-in air freshener, you're reducing the demand for new products, thus decreasing the overall carbon footprint.
Refilling plug-in air fresheners is not just a trend; it's a step towards a more sustainable and cost-effective future. Next time your air freshener runs out, consider a refill instead of a replacement. It's a small change with significant benefits.
So...how many of these empty plug-ins do you have tucked away in cabinets just waiting to be refilled? I found about 7 of them total that I had held onto. I kept telling myself that I would get around to buying refills until yesterday. I had decided that I was just going to pitch them, then I decided to try to refill one of them myself! I wanted to go chemical free with my plug-in refill, and boy am I soooo glad that I did! You won't believe how simple it is to make your own DIY Air Freshener Plug In Refill! This method can be used in any oil plug-in.
Start by removing the wick. I had to use needle nose pliers to get this one out because Bath and Body Works has a little tiny nail that they insert in there...my guess is they do this to keep it from being easy to refill them.
Fill the bulb with essential oils of your choice to the halfway point. I used Citrus Fresh for the one that I am using in the kitchen so it smells nice and citrusy (that's a word, right?), lavender for the one in my bedroom to help me relax in the evening, and rosemary for the plugin that will go in my bathroom because it makes me feel like I'm at a spa.
Most of my oils are clear, but the Citrus Fresh is a pretty yellow-orange. So, if you don't want colorful oil, simply use a clear oil.
Now fill the rest of your bulb with water, leaving room for the wick to be reinserted.
Replace the wick and give it a little shake.
Plug in and enjoy the fresh scents!
I can't tell you how happy I am that this works! I have replaced all of the plugins in our home and feel really good about them being chemical free!