Chicken wings are one of my family’s favorite foods! They can be cooked so many ways, but my favorite way to enjoy wings is by smoking them! These delicious and easy smoked chicken wings take very little effort or skill to make, and they are a healthier way to enjoy crispy chicken wings without frying them! You can finish them off with your favorite buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce, but they are so flavorful it really isn’t needed.
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- homemade dry rub for chicken or salt and pepper
- smoker ( Here is a link to the Traeger smoker we have ) I’ll also list some less expensive alternatives below!
- wing sauce of your choice ( optional, but here is a link to my favorite sauces from Buffalo Wild Wings )
- Preheat smoker to 180 ° F
- Pat wings dry and season with salt and pepper or your favorite dry rub ( THIS is my homemade rub recipe )
- Place wings on the smoker grate and cook for 1 hour.
- Turn the heat up to 400° to 450° and sear wings on both sides (about 3-5 minutes on each side)
- Remove from smoker and eat as is or toss/dip in your favorite wing sauce!
Keywords: chicken, wings, chicken wings, smoked, smoker, smoked wings