Broccoli is one of those vegetables that can be eaten so many ways…you can eat it raw, stir fried, baked in a casserole, in a salad…the list goes on and on. My favorite by far is oven roasted broccoli! It’s so easy to cook, and the end result is delicious caramelized broccoli with crazy amazing flavor. It’s super healthy and can even be cooked in a toaster oven!
- 1 head of broccoli (double if cooking for more than 2 or 3)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 425° F.
- Start by washing a head of broccoli and cutting into uniform pieces…they don’t all have to be the same size, but mostly similar.
- Place the broccoli on a sheet pan in a single layer.Next, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Then, season well with salt and pepper or some sort of seasoning. I love using steak seasoning on broccoli because it contains coarse salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place in your oven or toaster oven and set a time for 6 minutes. Once 6 minutes is up, use some tongs to toss the broccoli around a bit. Cook for 6 more minutes, then test for doneness. It’ going to be up to you how done you like your broccoli. I typically cook mine for 18 minutes to get it just how I like it!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately!