This easy and delicious Macaroni Salad Recipe has been passed down from generation to generation. It’s made with fresh vegetables, eggs and a whole lot of love!
- 1 box of medium pasta shells (16 oz. box)
- 5 boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 1 cup of red bell peppers, chopped finely
- 1 medium jar of pimentos with juice
- 1 cup of celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- salt to taste
- Boil and drain pasta shells according to the directions on the package.
- Cool pasta with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix the red peppers, pimentos, celery, onion, relish and mayonnaise together.
- Slowly fold in the cold, drained pasta shells.
- Stir in boiled eggs.
- Store in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and add paprika, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: macaroni salad, salad, macaroni, side dish