This Cornbread Stuffing Recipe with apples and pecans is so delicious. You can leave the apples and pecans out of course, but I think they kick this dressing recipe up a notch and give it so much flavor. Your Thanksgiving guests will be begging fo seconds of this delicious side!
- 1 14oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1 14oz. bag of Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1 stick of melted, lightly salted butter
- 4 cups of chicken stock or broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, melt butter and cook onions, celery, apple, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper until softened.
- Next, add stuffing mix, pecans and chicken stock. Stir until the stuffing mix is coated with stock and the vegetables and apple are mixed throughout.
- Spray a 9X13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add stuffing mix to the casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes.