Filet mignon is often considered as a meal you would have when you go to an upscale steakhouse or a fancy date night dinner. Not only can you enjoy a restaurant style filet at home, but you can also cook it in your air fryer! This easy air fryer filet mignon cooks to perfection in about 15 minutes and is perfect for date night at home without spending a ton of money!
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- olive oil spray or a light coating of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- For cooking filets in the air fryer, start by spraying each side of the steak with olive oil, and generously salt and pepper each side.
- Next, place the filets in your air fryer basket or grill plate if you air fryer is equipped with one. For the model of air fryer that I use, the Breville Smart Oven Air, I like to cook things like steak on a wire rack with a sheet pan underneath to prevent the drippings from making a mess...it's totally not necessary though.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F. Place in the air fryer and cook the first side for 10 minutes. Flip the filets and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the steak reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove the filets from the air fryer, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: filet, filet mignon, steak, air fryer, air fried, air fry, beef