Hi everyone, I am so excited to be the new dessert contributor at Mom4Real! I blog at Miss Information where I share recipes, home tips, crafts and a little DIY. I followed Jessica’s blog when I first started blogging and was lucky enough to meet her at Haven last year. She is so kind and down to earth. She has always offered great advice and a helping hand so I was ecstatic to be able to work with her! Today I am going to share with you the perfect valentine, Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes! These will also be great for summer time.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are sweet and a little tart. I have a secret trick to keeping them moist I learned from a great friend. You glaze the top of the cupcake to seal in the moisture! IT makes a huge difference an adds another layer of flavor to the cupcake. So let’s get to it!
- Duncan Hines Strawberry Cake Mix
- Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 5=6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- ⅓ cup pink lemonade (you can use regular lemonade if you want as well)
- 2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 tsp. Lemon Extract
- A dash of red food coloring
- Follow the instructions on the cake box and add 1 box of instant vanilla pudding into the mix.
- Scoop into cupcake wrappers in your muffin pan, use an ice cream scoop. It will assure consistent size.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, mix together 2 C. of the powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. of warm water, 2 tbsp. of oil and ⅓ C. of pink lemonade to make your glaze.
- Take a pastry or silicone brush and paint the glaze over the cupcakes. Make sure to cover the entire surface of the cupcake
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter. lemon extract and 3-4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add a dash of red food coloring and adjust until you get the color you like.
Oh my goodness…how delish do those look? Kate and I will definitely be trying these ourselves! I am so happy to have Kelley on my team…we met in Atlanta at Haven, and I have adored her since! Here are 3 more fabulous posts from Kelley’s blog, Miss Information that you will want to check out and pin!