Chalky Painted Mason Jars

Chalky Painted Mason Jars I adore mason jars…it’s kind of becoming an obsession.  I’ve seen them chalk painted, but wanted to try out some of my new Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint on some.  I grabbed some plain glass jars at Michaels the other day, pulled out some of my chalky paint, and got to work making my version of Chalky Painted Mason Jars…

Chalky Painted Mason Jars Using Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint I used Everlasting, Escape and Yesteryear.  This paint is phenomenal, and can be found at The Home Depot!  It goes on so silky smooth, but dries in a matte finish.

Painted Mason Jars I painted two coats on each jar, then used a clear wax on them for protection, and to really bring out the color.

Painted Mason Jar Vases I plopped some faux hydrangeas in them and placed them on my breakfast nook, and smiled.  I actually made these to use with my Christmas decor, so you are kind of getting a little sneak peek of the colors I’ll be using this Christmas ;)

Do you love decorating with Mason Jars?

Jessica Signature New

Guys! The movie I've been waiting to see all summer is finally in select theaters! Wish I Was Here (… http://t.co/2O95mEctLG - 9 mins ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Just used this paint today Jessica and I LOVE it! These mason jars are adorbs!

This is such a cute idea – I’d love to try it! Great color choices, too:)

Alicia says

How did you get the distressed letters? They look black. I love this idea, can’t wait to incorporate them into a baby shower I’m hosting!

Hi, Alicia! I just sanded over the letters after painting to get the distressed look…super easy! I’m so glad you can use the idea!! Have a fabulous day!

Jessica,

These look fabulous, my friend! A great holiday gift idea too!

Thank you so much for sharing at our mason jar holiday party!!!

:) Linda
    @It All Started With Paint & Mason Jar Crafts Love

Janet Gagnon says

Hi there, I love the chalk painted mason jars, but looks like you distressed them by sanding them?? Would that be right?? And what kind of clear wax did you use???? Thanks

Hi, Janet! I did dust them with a light sandpaper. I used the creme wax that is in the same paint line as the paint I used from Home Depot. It is only available online, but you could totally use minwax. Hope this helps!

The vintage mason jars with chalky paint look stunning! I love it! Could you recommend a white paint color in Chalky Paint to go with a Robin’s Egg color? Thank you

carrie says

love this idea! how long did you wait between coats or before applying the wax? thank you!

Around 15 minutes. I just made sure the paint was dry to the touch! Hope this helps, Carrie! xoxo Jessica

Jessica H says

Hi. Love your idea! I have a question: where did you get the hrydrengeas? (I know I spelled that wrong. Ha!)

Hi, Jessica! I bought them at Michael’s Craft Store! I think they were even 40% off :)