Chevron Painted Side Table

Paint a Chevron Side Table with Mom 4 Real This past week, I decided to whip out one of my favorite new products that I brought back from Haven, and got to work on this chevron painted side table.  This really was the fastest and easiest table I have ever painted, and I can’t wait to show you how I did it!

Paint a Chevron Side Table Before

I started with this little blue side table that used to live in my son’s bathroom.  He got a new shelf, and this little table has been living in our garage until I could find a new home for it.  It was just too little and cute to get rid of.

Paint a Chevron Side Table Step 1

I decided to start by painting it white.  I would normally hand paint any furniture I was working on, but since this table was so small, I opted for spray paint.  I used Valspar’s outdoor spray paint in white because that is what I had on hand.

Shape Tape and Sonora Rose Paint For the chevron pattern, I used a new product by FROGTAPE, Shape Tape, and the paint I used was a sample I bought on clearance at Lowe’s, Valspar’s Sonora Rose.
Paint a Chevron Side Table Step 2

I simply smoothed on strips of the chevron Shape Tape leaving about an inch and a half in between each row.

Paint a Chevron Side Table Step 3

Then I painted right over the tape, and around the top edge and the edge of the lower shelf.

Paint a Chevron Side Table Step 4

I removed the tape and squealed in delight!!!

Paint a Chevron Side Table After Chevron and coral together…be still my beating heart.

Painted Chevron Side Table And now I have the perfect place to display my favorite cookbooks!

So…what do you think?  Want your own Chevron Shape Tape?  Click the link below!

signature share

@sortlyapp Thank you so much for the feature, and I just downloaded the Sortly App! LOVE it! - 53 mins ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Hey Miss Laura! I found it in my swag bag at Haven, but saw it last week at Lowe’s!

Hey girl…added an amazon link because people are having trouble finding it…just in case!

First off, that table is awesome! But, my mouth literally dropped open when I realized you were using CHEVRON tape. I did not know this existed. Must…go…buy………immediately! Where did you find it? Menards? {please tell me it is at Menards….we are a little limited here in rural Wisconsin}

I have seen it at Lowe’s…we don’t have a Menards here, but I would totally call them and ask if they have it…good luck!

I love it !!!Great job,Thanks for sharing I will try this Hugs

Sheila Moore says

I have GOT to get me some of that tape…………it will make painting a chevron so much easier!

Oh, I love that table! Now, I definitely need to get to Lowe’s to pick up some of that tape {along with the other 30+ things on my list}. Thanks for sharing :)

Barri says

I LOVE this chevron table…but please tell me WHERE you found that tape in the chevron shape!? I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find it…nor can I find it online to buy…were you lucky enough for them to send it to you?? There website says they sell it at Lowes, but they do not! :-(

LOVE the colors, Jessica! And of course it goes without saying that I love chevron Shape Tape! ;)
    Beautiful work, as always! xo