My Home Tour & 25 More Blogger Home Tours

Summer-Showcase-of-Homes Maybe you’ve already seen my home tour, but maybe, just maybe you are new here.  And…maybe you LOVE home tours so much, like me, and you want so see a ton of home tours!  Well, have I got news for you…I am joining 25 other DIY and Home Decor bloggers for a Summer Showcase of Homes.  This week, you will get the chance to snoop around some of the most beautiful and creative homes I have ever seen!  Be sure to check out the schedule with links to the other home tours at the end of my tour below! Painted Parquet Wood Floors   Now, on with my virtual home tour…  It’s important to me that you know that we don’t live in a large home, and that we truly live within our means.  We are a happy, close knit family, and we firmly believe that you don’t have to have a load of cash or a large loan to turn a not so pretty house into a comfy happy home….

I have two kids, a husband, a dog, and a cat, and we all live happily in a smallish house in Kentucky.  I love to make inexpensive and unique changes as often as possible!  So, let me show you around.  When you walk into our home, you are greeted by my favorite colors…blue and white.  We had the standard green front door and parquet floors that were in desperate need of some help, so I painted my parquet floors them to add a fun touch when you walk in!

Mom 4 Real Living Room1

Our foyer is quite small and leads upstairs or directly into our living room.

Our home is all about being comfortable…I want my kids to crash on the couch after a long day at school and put their feet up, so slipcovers are a must…plus, I mentioned the dog, right?

Wine Cork Coffee Table

I recently made this cork topped coffee table…well, I didn’t make it, but I did give it the new top.

We definitely like to keep it unique and interesting around here.

Chalkboard Above Mantel I adore decorating our mantel when the seasons change…right now, there is this huge chalkboard that used to be a mirror with some shells, a wine cork monogram, and a couple of plants.  You could come back tomorrow, and it may be totally different!

Dining Room at Mom 4 Real

Our living room leads opens up to our dining area.  I used a mix of aqua and white to keep the flow of the living room going.

openkitchencabinetsaquawhite4

I told you things change here often…not sure if you noticed that the table is completely different here, and you get a little peak into our kitchen.

I told you I like blues…baby blue, navy blue, aqua…

Open Kitchen Cabinets Painted on the Inside

I recently painted our kitchen cabinets white, and ended up taking some of the cabinet doors off and painting the insides a gorgeous deep aqua.

Chalkboard Menu

I added beadboard backsplash and a fun little chalkboard menu.  You can see the full before and after by clicking HERE.

Breakfast Nook - Aqua and White

Our kitchen connects to a teeny, tiny breakfast nook that shares the same theme.  This is my favorite spot in our house!

Mom 4 Real Patio

Right outside our breakfast nook door is our patio…it is small as well, but perfectly intimate.  We spend all the time we can out here as a family.

I wish I could show you all of my flowers, but they are not blooming quite yet!

Cottage Bedroom Reveal at www.mom4real.com

I’ll conclude this little “snoop session” with a little peak inside my daughter’s new bedroom.  She caught the aqua bug as well, and I couldn’t be happier!

I hope you enjoyed peaking around our home, now I wish I could just invite you all to hang on our patio with me!

Now…go check out the other 25 fabulous homes…

Monday, July 22

StoneGable
The Everyday Home
Recreate and Decorate
Sophia’s
Vignette Design

jessicafollow

Time to spruce up the front entry...starting by taking off taking off the storm door and repairing, and realized... http://t.co/ygxEA2d4Dm - 4 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Love your home, really enjoy the light touches of blues around. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us. :-) Have a blessed day.

You have a charming home. My grandaughter spied the American Girl dolls in Kates room.
    How Many does she have?

Thank you so much, Linda! She has 8…we even built a house for them last week! That’s all she asks for when her birthday and Christmas roll around. How about your grandaughter?

I love your home, Jessica! The colors … the character … the creativity that flows … and, your gorgeous pops of blue! Your beautiful kitchen makes me happy! And, I covet your inviting outdoor space! (And, what fun your daughter loves blue as much as you do … her room looks awesome!)

Your home is wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us. You made me chuckle….”remember I have a dog”….lol I can relate sister!

Thanks again and have a great day!
    Christine recently posted…Purple OverloadMy Profile

Peggy Thal says

Sweet tour! Thank you for a peak in your home. Love the aqua color.

Love your home. Love all those blue accents. You daughters room is adorable. So far it is the most cozy one I have seen. Thanks for the tour.
    Debby Messner recently posted…Stay Cool My FriendsMy Profile

Love your home! Love how you’ve created a home that his charming, warm and loved. Thanks for the tour! ~Delores
    Delores recently posted…Down To The Wire!My Profile

Pretty.. pretty!!!
    Thanks for allowing me to peek in Jessica. Luv the pops of blues.
    Hugs, Gee

Yep I love your home! Of course the colors are he same as mine but your home is so sweet and welcoming! And how did you get your daughters room so uncluttered? You don’t want to see my daughters’ rooms!
    Recreate and decorate recently posted…Want to see some beautiful homes?My Profile

Jessica,
    I adore your home. . .family friendly decor, indeed!!!
    Your continuation of aqua blue accents is stunning throughout your living spaces!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us, dear one!
    Fondly,
    Pat

Jessica, I love your use of blue and white in your home. The checkered entry floor is a favorite of mine. LOVE checkered floors!! Such a good idea to remove the doors in the kitchen and the turquoise backdrop was a perfect choice. Love to see a home that has been lovingly decorated for the family that lives there!!
    Kathysue

Your home is so pretty and full of life! You can certainly tell a happy family lives there!~~Angela
    Angela recently posted…What would you do?My Profile

debbie says

As a fellow Kentuckian – bravo!!! I don’t have blues in my home, but love how clean and cool your house feels. Love the pop of color in your kitchen.

Your home is lovely. Your living room has a YHL feel, it reminds me of their first house. I love that cork table. Your daughter’s room is a happy bright space. I think your breakfast nook might be my favorite, though. Really lovely, inviting and warm house.
    Amy of while wearing heels recently posted…Summer Home TourMy Profile

Hello, I came over by way of Pat’s Back Porch and am glad I did! Your aqua touches are lovely and I especially love your kitchen and breakfast nook–I can see why it’s a favorite spot in your home.

I adore your home and style~so pretty!! The colors are gorgeous together! Sharing away!! :)

I love your home!! We have a small house too and live within our means, as we have 5 kids and some pets as well.
    Your home is very warm and inviting !!
    Jenn recently posted…174th Inspire me TuesdayMy Profile

Love your precious home – you have made it so cozy and cute. I love your daughter’s room so much, too!

Well done, just love it.

I myself just yesterday started sharing my home with blogland…..a true first for me, as my home was always just part of the backdrop before yesterday. What fun, you all inspired me to share too!
    Michele/Finch Rest recently posted…House Tour – Part 1 (Summer)My Profile

I love your home Jessica…from the time you walk in that beautiful foyer with the floor you so beautifully did, to the amazing transformation of your kitchen cabinets, to your daughter’s most adorable room….you have done an amazing job decorating your home!..Love it!
    Shirley@Housepitality Designs recently posted…A Guest Bath MakeoverMy Profile

Jessica, I always adore seeing your home and the special “Jess” touches that I love about you. You are the perfect example of creating a beautiful space on a budget. Love it! Thanks for sharing…xxoo

So fun seeing everything in one place! Can you believe you’ve done all that? What a great reminder huh? You’ve done so many wonderful projects!!

Jessica! Your home is gorgeous and so inviting. I love that cork coffee table you made. Off to check it out ;)
    Hugs,
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Loved seeing your home tour! I really love all the aqua / blue it’s so peaceful and relaxing!

Denise Z says

Just found your blog from the home tour and have to say…I think your house is my favorite! It’s cozy, it’s welcoming and I’d feel right at home here. I’ve bookmarked a couple of your projects and will be giving them a try! Thanks for the tour and letting us visit.

Your home is lovely. I love the blue front door and the way you painted your foyer floor. I really like how you have continued the blue throughout your entire home as it really ties everything together. Thanks for the tour!
    Thanks, Patty
    Patty recently posted…HGTV Brother vs Brother Episode 1My Profile

You know I love your home! But what I love most is that you are content with smaller and less expensive! You are teaching your kids such a great lesson in contentment and that’s so much more than all the DIY projects! Can’t wait to see you, girl!
    Marty Walden recently posted…Summer 2013 Showcase of Homes is at my House!My Profile

Okay love, love your home!! It looks gorgeous but like real people live here. Your chalkboard over the fireplace is my absolute favorite photo you have shown. Loving being on the tour with you!!

Hello — I thought all through your home that I had never been here before and then when we got to your kitchen nook — aha! I had been here through a link party. I enjoyed the tour and thanks for having us over!
    Tenneil recently posted…Piles of PalletsMy Profile

Denise Z says

OK, it’s official…after a week of touring all the homes…yours is still my favorite!

I love your house. Thanks for showing it and I pinned your kitchen. I am moving into base housing in Tx and can’t really change anything permanently. So the thought of taking off some cabinet doors and maybe lining the back with paper will give it a personalized look.
    Tammy Hebert recently posted…A Love of an Oval TableMy Profile

FABBY says

Your house is beautiful Linda, so warm and inviting at the same token! I totally love your kitchen, it’s lovely! Thanks for the wonderful tour. Big hugs,
    FABBY

Jessica, I’m just getting around to seeing your home tour. Your home is just beautiful! I love how you say that you want your kids to be able to crash after school and just relax! You have one of the most awesome and well recognized kitchens in blogland, and you know what? I bet that oven door is super clean!!!
    Jane @ Cottage at the Crossroads recently posted…How to Make a Burlap TopiaryMy Profile

1. […] ATTA GIRL SAYS THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER RAIN ON A TIN ROOF BETTER WITH AGE TOP THIS TOP THAT TUESDAY MOM 4 REAL CEDAR HILL RANCH PRACTICALLY FUNCTIONAL WHILE WEARING HEELS FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE WEDNESDAY THE […]