Wine Cork Topped Trunk

Wine Cork Topped Trunk at www.mom4real.com

I LOVE repurposing old things into fun and somewhat unconventional new things.  Who knew that you could take a simple wine cork and use it to make something new?  Why not?  Call me crazy, but I just like things that are unique, and I absolutely love taking something old and giving it a new life.  Well, this project is all about taking two old things that have already been given new lives, and giving them yet another life.

Wine Cork Board at www.mom4real.com

Quite a while back, I took an old window and turned it into a cork board using wine corks from a local restaurant.  No, I did not save all of these corks myself, I asked a friend that owns a restaurant near my home to save their corks for me, and they were kind enough to do so.  Well, that cork board sat on my desk until we decided to move the desk into one of our children’s rooms.  I didn’t think it was necessarily appropriate for one of the kiddos to have a wine cork bulletin board in their room, so the cork board window had no place to live.

Trunk Before and After

Enter the sweet little trunk that my husband made in shop class when he was in highschool.  After years of hiding the trunk under a blanket at the end of our bed, I decided to paint it white and distress it a bit.  Since then, it’s been used as a side table, toy chest, and most recently as a coffee table.  The only problem, it’s falling apart…that poor trunk has taken a beating.  So, one day, as I was moving some things around our living room, I sat the wine cork board on top of the trunk/coffee table for a moment while I moved something else, and you know what?  That cork board fit the top of the trunk perfectly!  Like they were just meant to be!

Wine Corks and An Old Window as a table top!  www.mom4real.com

And…it’s so unique and just cool looking!  No need for coasters, no worry about smudge marks, those corks can handle just about anything!

Make a unique coffee tables using wine corks and an old window at www.mom4real.com

And the best thing of all?  No-one has the same coffee table.  Nobody!  You could totally do this to anything…simply hot glue some corks to the top of an old table, tray, or even an old window like me.

Totally think outside of the box!  I’m thinking a cork backsplash would be the coolest thing ever!

Sharing at Beneath My Heartwww.betweennapsontheporch.net and Savvy Southern Style

jessicafollow

My friends at @redgoldtomatoes sent me this awesome crate of their fab tomatoes for some yummy crock pot recipes... http://t.co/Aw4sqRk3QK - 4 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

This is so cute and unique! It definitely has character, and I LOVE pieces like that! :)

What a great idea, Jessica! It looks fantastic in your room too. I love the new color as well.

That is adorable, Jessica! I have a hope chest that my dad made in high school at the end of our bed. Covered up with clothes and bedding. I like your idea better!

For a minute there, I thought you’d been hitting the wine again! :)

Love how you repurposed your repurposed wine cork pin board. And what a perfect piece for your family room. I love that it’s durable and eliminates the need for coasters.

You are brilliant!

That is so cute – and I could probably whip one up with the amount of corks I use in one weekend!! Well, maybe not one weekend – but close! Cheers to a fabulous table – I’ll be sharing on my FB page tomorrow!!
    Kelly

What a cool table ~ I love that top! I’m visiting you today from Project Inspired. I’m co-hosting a Linky Party today and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Tile Photo Coasters ~ Gift Idea

It looks great Jessica! You know I love me some cork crafts :)

sooo darn cute Jessica! love the corks on top1

gail
    ps pinning it!

SO cute! I’m in the middle of a cork project right now. I bought mine online- not too expensive, but I need to find a supplier before I start another project though…

Ummm…. I love this! I already collect wine corks (cause… you never know when you’ll need to craft with them!) but now I have an excuse to accrue more! Thanks so much for sharing on Project Inspire{d} this week!

What a fantastic transformation! I love the trunk! Pinned it.

I LOVE THIS, and I completely agree with you it’s totally like they were meant to be together! – Dee @ From Wine to Whine

Hi Jessica, I’m a new visitor, over from Savvy Southern Style. I love your cork topped table! I’ve been saving corks for a while now, wondering what I would do with them, and this idea has definitely moved to the top of the list. It’s so creative and I LOVE that you were able to give new life to your husband’s shop piece. Definitely a conversation starter! So glad you shared.

Debbie