Kate’s Cottage Bedroom Reveal

Little Girl's Handmade Cottage Bedroom on a Budget at www.mom4real.com
Finally, after weeks of little sneak peeks, Kate’s new cottage bedroom is finished!

Cottage Bedroom Reveal at www.mom4real.com

My sweet girl Kate is going to be ten years old soon.  I think she thinks she is going to be sixteen instead.  She has already started carrying a purse, wants her hair curled in the mornings, and recently asked for a bedroom redo.  Our home is decorated in what I would call a cottage style, and she wanted her room to be similar.  It has been so much fun to transform her room to a big girl cottage bedroom.  To see the before, check out this post I did on her stenciled vanity.  Anyhooo….on to details.

Cottage Bedroom at www.mom4real.com

I started by painting the bottom of her room a pretty aqua. It immediately changed the feel of the room.  We picked out a pretty quilt and sham at Marshall’s that we had the paint matched to.  I really wanted her room to be crafted…I wanted her things to be unique. So, I tried make most of the items myself.  Make sure to check out the tutorial for the Rag Garland Sweater Throw Pillows.  I painted an old roadside vanity and turned it into a fun art station.

Old Window Turned Photo Display at www.mom4real.com

I had a few old windows that I picked up from the Habitat For Humanity ReStore, so I painted one and hot glued some small clips for a fun photo display.

Cottage Bedroom Reveal with Chandelier at www.mom4real.com

She was dying for a chandelier…I found this fabulous chandelier at Lamps Plus.  No need to install it into the ceiling…it plugs into the wall and has a really long swag and cord that tucked neatly into the corner of Kate’s room.

Rag Garland Window Treatment and Cottage Bedroom Reveal at www.mom4real.com

I cut a bunch of fabric strips and made a fun rag garland swag to hang from her window right over a plain white panel that I scored for $4 on clearance at Target!

Cottage Bedroom Reveal ~ Painted Closet Doors at www.mom4real.com

I decided to paint her closet doors the same color as the bottom half of her room…I just love the way they pop with the white trim around them.

I painted a small monogram K in between them.

Cottage Bedroom Reveal at www.mom4real.com

Kate’s aqua painted dresser with ribbon handles made it’s way closer to the closets so Kate can easily access her clothes and get ready in the mornings.  This fabulous lamp also came from Lamps Plus…isn’t it just amazing?

Cottage Bedroom Reveal at www.mom4real.com

I just love how it feels in here now…calming, yet cheery…comfy, yet inspiring.

Kate adores her new bedroom, and I actually like hanging out in here too now.

The best part?  It cost less than $75 for the entire makeover.  All I bought was the quilt and sham, one gallon of paint, and the clearance window panel.

I’m very grateful to Lamps Plus for donating the lighting, which would have cost $250.

I also made this cute printable to put in her room…just click the photo to be taken to the printable version!

I Know A Girl, She Puts The Color Inside Of My World ~ Free Printable at www.mom4real.com

So…what do you think?

Sharing at Between Naps On The PorchSavvy Southern Style, and Beneath My Heart Best DIY Projects of March!

TDC Before and After

jessicafollow

Going through some old magazines for a little Fall inspiration! #soreadyforfall #pumpkins #mums #fall http://t.co/2jQdtfCECB - 3 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

gina ortiz says

This is absolutely lovely! What a lucky little girl! Thanks for sharing

*gina*

I think it looks wonderful! Kate must love it!? The closet doors, while I know not the most exciting, really made a HUGE impact. Digging that you did that. I’m crushing on the lil’ chandy too. Kate is a lucky girl!! You did good “mom” :)
    Shannon @Fox Hollow Cottage recently posted…Psst… I’m movingMy Profile

Jocie@OPC says

Omg, I love it jessica!!! You did an amazing job! Love th stenciled vanity and rag garland!

I love it! The room is just precious. The color choices are great. I can’t wait to re-do my girls’ room in a few years with a more big girl feel ;)

Jessica, her room is so cute. I know she has to be so proud of mommy making it pretty.
    kim recently posted…The Top ThreeMy Profile

What a wonderful room for Kate. I’m taking notes for my own aqua and pink guest bedroom. Is it sad that a 10-year-old and a 40-year-old like the same color scheme?

I love all the handmade touches. Kate is a very lucky girl, and I’m sure she appreciates all you did to make her room extra special.

I am in love with the painted closet doors. I think they really make the room.
    Atta Girl Amy recently posted…Introducing Motherhood MondayMy Profile

This is just beyond gorgeous!
    75 dollars? I can’t believe it – that aqua? turquoise? blue? is the just beautiful –
    The chandelier is soooo pretty!
    PLEASE link this up at a party I’m co-hosting today?
    I need for this to be there!
    Thanks so much
    ( these images are tattooed in my brain now – HAVE to paint something with this color! )
    Big hugs,
    Suzan
    Suzan recently posted…Je Suis un LINKY PARTY CO-HOSTMy Profile

So, so, pretty! What girl wouldn’t love this room? I’m especially loving the blue closet doors. Great idea!

This is lovely!!! I want this for my grown up bedroom- complete with the pink beads from the light fixture. Your daughter is lucky to have such a beautiful room!

FINALLY, it’s here… The reveal. I was getting so anxious with all your teaser post you were putting out there {wink*} This came out absolutely adorable! I love how you painted the closet doors.. I think it really adds a finishing touch and brings the room together. The Window frame and Photos is Adorable and Sweet!! LOVE it!! Great job.
    xo
    Angelina
    Angelina – JoJo and Eloise recently posted…It’s a Hole in One, Sew-Vivor #1My Profile

I’m late to the party but I HAD to tell you how much I adore this room!!! Kate has great taste, I love the chandy. But I have to tell you my favorite part is most definitely the painted closet doors – what an impact! LOVE LOVE LOVE this room!
    Chelsea @ Making Home Base recently posted…Before and After: Circle Mirror UpcycleMy Profile

I LOVE this! {And I’m sure Kate does too!} The colors are awesome, and I especially love that you painted the closet doors. I always end up clicking on your projects at link parties– they always catch my eye because they’re so well done! Thanks so much for sharing!

~Abby =)
    Abby @ Just a Girl and Her Blog recently posted…Kids’ Craft Corner RevealMy Profile

My youngest daughter is going to be twelve years old next month. We did a makeover in her room last year, it is so much fun watching the little ones grow up as their tastes change, and they mature. Your room makeover is amazing, nice job. ;o)

This is such a sweet little girls room. My daughter will be getting her own room shortly and I love these ideas!! I know our readers will love it, too! We have a weekly Thursday (today:) link up party at allthingswithpurpose.com. We would love to see this post there along with the post on dying your jeans!! We are also your newest FB like :)
    Julia Forshee recently posted…All Things Thursday Link-Up {No. 15}My Profile

Mila says

Love this room, makes me wish my daughter was younger & living @ home so i could re-do her room!

Jess, this is just the most precious girls room I have EVER seen!!! You knocked it outta the park, sista!!! I am absolutely in love with the chandelier and the blue doors! Every little detail is so thoughtful and special. Well done, girlfriend!!!!! xo ~V
    Virginia @ LiveLoveDIY recently posted…Fun Crafts: Easy Spring Flower WreathsMy Profile

Her new bedroom looks fabulous. I love all of the furniture redo’s and the lighting.
    Ruth
    Ruth recently posted…For Sweet EmmalineMy Profile

What is the size of her room? Not sure our bed would work to go in the corner like that. But LOVE her room! So cute!

Char says

I just absolutely love your daughters bedroom makeover! My daughter loves blue and we are in the process of updating her room as well. I will be sharing it on my blog, I’d love it if you’d check it out and subscribe.

Char

Oh my gosh! Your daughter’s bedroom redo is just amazing! I love every detail! I bet she has been inviting her friends over to show it off! And I agree with everyone else. The aqua closet doors made a huge impact in the room! It’s just fabulous!
    Jane @ Cottage at the Crossroads recently posted…Spring Tablescape 2013My Profile

Lucrecia says

This is so perfect for an almost tween! My daughter was just asking for an update, but she is 8 and I’m hoping to put her off until about 10!

What a sweet space you’ve created for your daughter! The color is soft yet bright and cheerful and the personalized touches make it uniquely hers. GREAT job mom! I love lamps plus and have purchased all our ceiling fans from them over the years..

Thanks for sharing,
    gena

This room is so adorable and absolutely perfect for a young “tween!”

I love the idea of painting the closet doors! Never even thought of that! Such a great way to add a pop of color! Were they difficult to paint?
    Tabitha recently posted…Easter DecorMy Profile

Thank you! Those were probably the easiest project in the entire room. I simply painted them with a brush ;

Oh my gosh! Can’t believe I missed the reveal! Jessica… I love it!!! It looks absolutely wonderful – and the art station is fantastic! Everything about it is just terrific! I know she is just loving it. Well done, Momma!!!
    Laura @ Our Prairie Home recently posted…50th Anniversary CenterpiecesMy Profile

Jessica,

Her space is just so darling! I’m sure she adores all your special hand-made touches too! And good thing to know about that chandelier. I need to keep that in mind for my daughter’s room redo that she’s been begging me to do!!! Pinning …

:) Linda

Beautiful! The color is just perfect. I can only imagine how excited she must be!

Pat
    P.S. What paint did you use & color?
    Pat recently posted…~ Ramblings ~My Profile

1. [...] mirror into this super cool and unique Kid’s Art Station.  It was the perfect addition to Kate’s new big girl cottage bedroom!   Pop on over there and see the before along with some fun details and a super awesome tip for [...]