Decorating With Spring Flowers

spring-decor-fresh-flowers-tulips-decorate

I really love decorating with spring flowers…

Yesterday, was the first day that it felt like this long winter may actually come to an end.  The sun was shining, and my dreary mood was immediately lifted.  It has been the strangest winter, not necessarily cold, but very wet and hazy.  Like Forks, without Edward, I guess (still a little Twilight obsessed here).  I opened up all of our blinds and let the sun shine in.  It felt like spring, even though it’s still technically winter, and not warm in the least.  The sunshine was nice, but I felt like we needed just a little something more.  Fresh flowers…and a little green, please.  So, Kate and I headed to Trader Joe’s to see if we could spring it up a bit in here.  TJ’s did not dissapoint, as usual.  They had loads of fresh spring flowers in all shades of springy goodness.  My favorite flowers are tulips, so I immediately gravitated towards them.  I bought two bouquets in red, and placed them in a white canister that lost its lid long ago.  Don’t they look dreamy?

spring-decor-fresh-flowers-daffodils

Kate loved the daffodils, so we bought two bunches of them for less than $2 and placed them in a mason jar in my craft nook.

spring-decor-fresh-flowers-white-tulips

These white tulips were just too pure to pass up…

spring-decor-fresh-flowers-ivy-topiary

I removed my ivy topiary (the other one didn’t make it) from the sap bucket it was in before, and moved it to a white urn.

Doesn’t the green just pop out of the white urn?

I am so in love with the green…it just makes the room feel alive.

spring-decor-fresh-flowers-ferns

Can you tell that I have a slight lemon button fern obsession?  I buy every one I see…I just love them!  Strangely, I can’t find them many places, and as much as I don’t love Walmart, they usually have the small ones.  Anyhoooo…I’ve had this one for a few years, and it is still in it’s original container, wrapped with burlap, nestled in a white ironstone pedestal.

springday

And of course…for this Kentucky girl, a little lemon button fern I picked up over the weekend, planted in a mint julep cup…just perfect for the Kentucky Derby!

Do you decorate with spring flowers?  Real or fake?  No judgement here…

jessicafollow

Sharing at Savvy Southern Style and Between Naps On The Porch

GET RID OF ANTS OVERNIGHT WITH THIS TIP!... http://t.co/Y7qNH3JuvR - 2 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

admin says

Thank you, Shirley! They really do make it feel a little more springy.

admin says

Get er done girl! You should have plenty of ferns!

admin says

I so need to get better with the wreaths! TJ’s sure makes buying fresh flowers easy and cheap!

admin says

Not too much longer girly! We should hit Keeneland together for sure!

admin says

Thanks, Keri! I just wish they lasted a little longer!

admin says

No shame in that! I have fake geraniums in my breakfast nook, because they are the one flower that I totally love, but kill every single time.

admin says

Thank you…they are my absolute favorite!

Oh I love it too Jessica….tulips make me smile. I just wish they lasted longer.

admin says

Don’t they…I wish they lasted longer too, but buying them at Trader Joe’s makes it easy since they are so inexpensive :)

admin says

I know…it’s been such a long winter…not too much longer!!!

admin says

I can’t live without them…I need a greenhouse for sure!

Oh I love your tulips…especially the white ones. They are my favorite. I think flowers bring a room to life…they just add that extra touch!

admin says

Don’t they? I wish I had a sun room so I could fill it full of them year round!

admin says

Thanks, Jane! Those lemon button ferns are my favorite…just so sweet and delicate.

admin says

I love our farmer’s market! We are going to have a blast down there! Thursday night live too…have you been?

How pretty! I love to decorate with flowers too, especially in the spring! There’s just nothing that freshens up a room as much as fresh flowers! I love those daffodils, they are beautiful!

admin says

Thank you! They were only $1.25 a bunch…super cheap, and I love the smell!

I am dying to have some tulips in the house! Yours look wonderful.

admin says

Thank you! They really brighten the place up!

admin says

Thank you, Mary Alice! They really do make me smile :)

Beautiful pops of green.. very spring indeed. So fresh in the white containers. The lemon button ferns, do they remain small? Sorry I am NOT versed in plant life… but I am trying :-) My home is bright and sunny and I have managed to keep 3 (huge)plants alive in the sun room over the last few years. So excited about that! But I would like to try my hand at smaller ones inside the rest of the home.
    Cheers, Gee

admin says

Thank you, Gee! The lemon buttons will grow as big as the container you put them in. I have one that is fairly large, but several that are smaller. They are so easy to care for…just water when the dirt is dry :)

Hi Jessica,
    My first time to visit and already found something we have in common. Flowers, I love floral anything………but fresh flowers are the bomb…………….and greenery too. I use both, silk and fresh……….they just add so much warmth and beauty to our homes., and don’t they just make your heart sing. Loved all your lovely pics, all so very pretty.
    Have a great rest of the week,
    Blessings, Nellie

admin says

Thank you so much, Nellie!!! I am so glad you came by today…flowers are one of my absolute favorites too! I am looking forward to getting outside and working in my garden in a couple of months…how about you?

Yes got to have fresh spring flowers! They do help getting through to the end of long dreaded winters! Flowers make a space sunny and happy!

Pretty-pretty-pretty! There is nothing like fresh flowers. I always say if I was rich, I’d have fresh flowers in every room :)
    Love that ivy too. You can’t buy ivy here anymore. It’s illegal! Travesty I tell you.

The tulips are just gorgeous! They are something I don’t ever buy – but need to! Love daffodil’s too, but not in the house. Too loud of a smell for my sinuses. You have a lovely home.

I hope you’ll come see My Daughter’s Master Bath Redo! #83 at Met Monday.

Allison