10+ Projects Using Chalkboard Paint!

Lots of Chalkboard Paint Projects

If you have been here before, then you may know about my ridiculous obsession with all things chalkboard.  It’s a sickness I think.  From the first day I discovered chalkboard paint, no surface in our home has been safe.  I’ve turned mirrors into chalkboards, painted plates with chalkboard paint, spray painted wine bottles with chalkboard paint, and even have a giant chalkboard on my mantel…and I seriously doubt I will stop there.

So, in the interest of having you join my chalkboard paint club, I thought I would share all of my chalkboard painted projects in one place.

Make sure to pin, because I can assure you there will be more added!

So let’s just see how bad it is…my chalkboard obsession, that is.

You can click on any of the photos below to be taken to that particular post!

mirror-turned-chalkboard

This is where it all began…the first time I turned an ugly old mirror into a chalkboard.

chalkboardlabels

I used vinyl to make chalkboard labels and a stick on chalkboard for my refrigerator.

christmasmantel

I took a large mirror from an old dresser and turned it into a chalkboard for my mantel.

thenotebookinspiredvalentinesmantelnoah'slovelettertoallie

Which I love changing up like I did for my The Notebook Inspired Valentine’s Mantel.

chalk-painted-wine-bottle-vase

I used chalkboard spray paint to turn some wine bottles into vases.

chalkboardtilecheesetray

I recently turned a ceramic tile into a fun cheese board using chalk paint.

corkchalk

I turned a thrift store frame into a message board for my desk.

4th-of-july-party

I got a little crazy with the chalkboard paint for my 4th of July party for the kiddos and made a chalkboard banner, chalkboard painted wine bottle vases, chalkboard labels for our mason jar drinking glasses, and as you can see…I have chalkboard painted plates hanging in my dining area…oy!

turnframeintochalkboard#mom4real

I turned a picture frame that my neighbor threw out into a chalkboard.

dollar

And painted a dollar store platter to hang from a wreath hanger…as well as a yardsale picture frame.

plates

I once painted some plates with chalkboard paint…they now live with a friend of mine, but aren’t they cute?

chalkheart

I painted a little wooden heart with chalkboard paint and some polka dots for Valentine’s Day last year.

katie5

My daughter Kate joined in the fun, and painted a canvas sign with chalkboard paint to hang on her bedroom door.

So…do you agree I may have a bit of an issue?

Please don’t call Dr. Phil…it won’t help.  I just love chalkboard paint!

How about you?  Have you painted anything using chalkboard paint?  I would love to see!  Just leave a link in the comments below!

I also may have a little bit of a wine cork obsession…check out these projects that were inspired by wine

wine

Have a fabulous day!

jessicafollow

Sharing at Between Naps on the Porch and Savvy Southern Style.

AMAZING TIP! http://t.co/CgS29NsBXX - 1 day ago

Comments

comments

Comments

OMGoodness!! how cute are all of these. Every time I thought I found my favorite, I would scroll down and find another favorite :) Yes, I am totally addicted to chalkboard paint, I have two BIG boards in the house and lots of other dodads painted with this ADDICTIVE stuff :) Great post, Jessica!
    xo
    Angelina
    Angelina – JoJo and Eloise recently posted…Wednesday Printables, Spring is in the airMy Profile

Dona says

Great ideas! I actually used some chalkboard paint in my craft room. There is a closet in there with sliding doors. The doors have 2 raised areas in each and I painted that part with chalkboard paint! Instant way to keep track of things I’m working on (always more than one thing at a time), things I need to get….well, you have the idea! Love the stuff!

You are a chalkboard paint expert!! Want to come and paint an accent wall for me? I really want to paint the entire thing in chalkboard paint, but I’m a little nervous!
    Laura Beth recently posted…Ice Cream Sandwich RecipeMy Profile

I love your chalkboard ideas. I’ve made some using vintage trays. I then glued some felt to the bottom of vintage blocks to use as erasers. Thanks for more ideas. I’m going to get busy with my chalk paint…
    sandy :)

Love these ideas! Just started using chalkboard paint myself!

Lynne says

What cute ideas!! I’ve been using chalkboard paint in my kitchen for my mason jars which I fill with homemade baby food to freeze, and also for my glass jars that hold flour, sugar, etc. I love it! Thanks for the ideas!

These are all darling ideas! You have done such a cute job with all of them. :)

Have a great weekend!
    ~Liz
    Liz recently posted…Fresh-Cut FridayMy Profile

Found you at Flamingo Toes! Chalkboard paint is so popular but I haven’t figured out what to do with it – this list is wonderful! Happy weekend!

Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com
    Danielle recently posted…Snapshot Saturday #13My Profile

Love all these chalkboard ideas … I might have to try some of these projects soon. Looks like fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

So happy to see someone else has my sickness, for chalkboards that is! My husband once put a moratorium on chalkboard in our home. It didn’t last long when he saw it was a losing battle. My favorite is the chalkboard mantle. Pinning!
    Karen recently posted…The Layered LookMy Profile

Hi Jessica,
    I saw a chalkboard-painted volkswagon somewhere..was that you?
    Thanks for the tutorial over at Tatertots and Jello!

Kelli Girsch – Buybabydeals.com