Keepin’ It Real Today…

In the interest of always keeping things real here…I just have to tell you.  That cute little schedule that I just implemented is going to change a little…already.

I sooo wanted to do a recipe post once a week, but you know what?  I am not a food blogger.  I really wish I was, but let me show you…

This is a less than stellar shot of the beginnings of my fabulous squash casserole.
I had the shots planned out, and couldn’t wait to share this wonderful recipe with you, but just after taking this photo I thought, what in the world am I doing?
I don’t want to take photos while I am preparing dinner.  I want to enjoy the process.
My evenings are for spending time with my family…making dinner, doing homework, snuggling up on the couch, and tucking my kiddos in.  So, I’m just going to decide not to share recipes, and maybe I can point you in the direction of some other ladies that share fabulous recipes, huh?
Like The Happier HomemakerWhat’s Cooking With Ruthie, and No. 2 Pencil…they have amazing recipes!
As for me, I am going to stick with what I know and love…crafts, DIY, a little home decor, thriftiness, and keepin’ it real!
Happy Friday!

~Jessica

facebooktwittergoogle+pinterestemail merss feed

Makeup and Martinis with @BelleVieMedSpa #happyfriday http://t.co/Fk21QcCNxk - 19 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

I’m with ya on this one! I have dreams of maybe possibly one day being able to blog about food in some capacity, but that is so far from where I am right now. Plus I just can’t see my family waiting for me to take “the perfect shot” before they can eat!

I totally understand! I love my cooking dinner time too, my family is always in the kitchen with me doing whatever and the news is on and I’m having a glass of wine – it’s great! Thanks for keeping it real and I’m sure your casserole was yummy!

I totally get it! When I started out I wanted to be a well-rounded blogger. I figured it would challenge me to make some fun meals/dishes. lol I quickly realized not only did I not enjoy it, but I wan’t that great at it either. haha

I decided I should just stick to my niche….home reno/DIY.

Hope you’re 2013 is off to a great start!
    –Katie

I Love your sense of Realness!!! : ) I am sure your Squash Casserole was tasty!!
    Angelina

You are so fun! I have tried taking pictures of food projects only to fail miserably, purple should never look GREY!

LOL. I made some cheater apple popovers last night and I was going to take a quick picture. You know, just for facebook ;) Then the ice cream was melting and I thought WHY? I am not a food blogger! We just ate it up instead. It was really good.

So I hear ya ;) Hugs~Shan

No food on my blog, either! Part of that is because I do not cook! Maybe I should start taking pics as my hubby cooks? Thanks for keeping it real!

I’m not a food blogger either Jessica!! It’s hard when the men in your house smell food that’s ready….they don’t want to wait for pictures to be taken before diving in!! haha!

I enjoy your blog very much and check here often to see what you have to offer. You are a talented blogger so I wouldn’t worry about not doing food here. I happen to enjoy cooking and photographing the food. I have plenty of time to do that so it doesn’t interfere with my family. I love squash casserole and bet yours turned out great. Come over and check out my recipes and other things when you have time. Shannon

I’ve had the same thoughts about recipes on my blogs. I’ve just decided to not take pictures of the cooking process. And my finished dish pictures aren’t going to be to great. I’m usually done cooking after dark so I don’t have good lighting. And I certainly don’t have the time for props or setting up a shot when my family wants to be fed! It’s just going to have to be less than perfect. Because we’re just keeping it real, right?