Snow Man Glass Ornament

We are in the thick of ornament making around here, so I wanted to share a super easy ornament that you can make with your kiddos.  Every year, we make a bunch of these snowman ornaments to include in teacher gift baskets.  They are extremely easy to make, and very inexpensive…

Start by making some Glitter In Glass Ornaments…for these I use extra fine white glitter.
In addition to the glitter in glass ornaments, you will need some black paint and orange paint.  I already had these glass paints, so I used them.  I have made them many times with acrylic paints, so you do not have to use special paint.
Start by painting two circles (filled in) for the eyes.  Now, make about 5 or 6 circles for the snowman’s mouth.  They do not need to be perfect, we are trying to achieve the look of coal…remember Frosty the Snowman with his eyes made out of coal?  I went a step further and painted the silver top black too so it looks like a hat.
Now paint on his carrot nose, and you are all done!
You have yourself a cute little snowman to hang on your tree.  These are so fun and easy, and make great gifts for neighbors, friends, and family…they are definitely my go to gift for Christmas!

Makeup and Martinis with @BelleVieMedSpa #happyfriday http://t.co/Fk21QcCNxk - 7 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Stopping in from MBS for WW! Love the ornament idea! I blogged about it on my blog, I love great craft ideas! Thanks for sharing, also picked you on your contest above! Good luck!

What an adorable snow man. I love your blog. I’m your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

Anonymous says

love you idea’s, I voted for you and will try to remember to vote for you every day

Anonymous says

think using black paint for the top would look like a top hat, going to try it

Very cute! I love the idea!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Question: does the glitter just “stick” to the inside of the ornament or do you have to do something first to get it to look like yours? It seems to me all the glitter would just sit at the bottom. I decorate with only Snowmen so I LOVE this idea! What a quick way to make a themed tree!

so simple. looking for things to do with my kids during the christmas season. this would be perfect.

Just imagine a Christmas tree that is only decorated with these cuties!!! :)