Glitter Filled Glass Ornaments {Tutorial}

I love Christmas!  I love it so much because it’s a time when I feel like my whole family can get together and get a little creative.  We make ornaments, bake cookies, decorate our tree, build snowmen, and celebrate together.  One of our favorite family traditions is ornament making, and our absolute favorite ones to make are these glitter in glass ornaments!  Once you master the art of making these, you can bling them out or dress them up in all sorts of ways!  So, today, I am kicking off the Christmas season with my favorite easy glitter in glass ornaments…

Supplies:

Floor Wax (I use Bona, but you can buy any brand)
Glass Ornaments with Removable Tops
Glitter
Funnels
Jar or Bucket
***Cover Your Work Area…The Wax Sticks To Furniture***
Grab one of your glass ornaments and take the little lid off.
Pour about a about 1 tbsp of wax into your ornament using your funnel.  Shake it around coating the inside of the ornament, then pour it all out into your jar or bucket.
Now, pour some glitter into your ornament using the other funnel…about 1/2 inch from the bottom.
Shake, shake, shake until the glitter coats the entire inner surface of your ornament.  Pour the excess glitter back into your glitter container…quite a bit will be left over and it should be fine to use again.
Put your cap back on.  How gorgeous is that???
Make a zillion of them and hang them everywhere!
Would you rather see the video version of this tutorial?  Just click on the arrow below to play!
Be gentle…it’s my first video :)
So…will you be making your own?

Make sure you Pin It for later!!!

Glitter In Glass Ornaments - No Mess Glitter on the Inside

Jessica Signature New

New post! Inexpensive Backsplash Idea ~ Faux Plank Wall - Hey there!  Today I am giving a little sneak peek o... http://t.co/3dsozGMjut - 5 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

So the wax is the trick! I was looking at those at the craft store the other day and wondered how to get the glitter to stick. Thanks for sharing!

Those are some beautiful ornaments. Homemade ormaments are extremely cool, because they can last a lifetime and remind you of good times many years later. I have a few simple ornaments that I made in elementary school, and they set me right back to that time every year when we decorate the tree.

Anonymous says

Where did you buy the floor wax and what kind? A lady I work with said dont buy the polyurathane for wood…. is this correct? I love these ornaments and cant wait to make them!

i am definitely going to try this. I have some clear ornamental bulbs for around the last 10 years that I’ve said I would do something with and haven’t I’m going to do my in soft blues, into that since last holiday. thanks for showing how and sharing at Sunday’s Best. Now following you.

Hi Jessica, what a fabulous idea. Thank you so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Those came out so great! I wish I had more time this year to make my own holiday things because these would definitely be on the list! Maybe next year..

Right now we’re linking up holiday projects at my blog if you wanted to join it would make my day :)
    vb-creations.blogspot.com

I love easy ornaments. I always buy 2 or 3 dozen of the DIY ornaments in the weeks after Christmas to jazz them up throughout the year. Here is another to add to my list. Thanks!

Thanks so much for linking up your ornaments to my party! Stop by tomorrow to see them featured. Grab a “House Featured” button too, if you like.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

Beautiful!! I loved your tutorial too. I have a whole pack of empty glass ornaments just like that, that I picked up for a coin or 2 at a tag sale. The ideas of what to do with them are building, and now THIS is in the running too! Nice job, Jessica. Enjoy your Christmas season. :)

Love these! Now I know how to bling the box of clear ornaments I got at a Girl Scouts’ yard sale this summer (priced 25 cents, I paid $1).

I love that you could totally customize your color scheme this way and not be limited to the colors of ornaments that happen to be selling any particular year. These are beautiful. Great job!

These are GORGEOUS! I am so, so, so excited to make these! I’ve never used glass balls before. Are they expensive and can I just find them at Michael’s or Joann? Would plastic balls work? Thanks! I am so looking forward to making these! :)

Anonymous says

Will Murphy’s Oil Soap work? I have tile floors, so need for floor wax and would have to travel afar to get it for this weekend project . . . . guest may bring “mop & glo” tomorrow . . . I see these ideas on internet, but would like to get more feedback

I was looking to make these exact ornaments when I received the Everyday Home blog and there they were!! The ornaments were easy to decorate and came out Beautiful! No mess or fuss. Thank you for helping my Christmas tree look more fantastic this year — I told many ladies about making your ornaments and they were impressed! Thank you :-) Liz

Just stumbling across this post now… How cute! Glitter seems to get EVERYWHERE with crafts over the holidays and you spend the next year finding it ha! I love how all of the glitter is inside for this craft. Might have to give it a try! : )