JOY ~ Chargers Hung With Ribbon

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas up in here!  I’ve definitely been bitten by the Christmas bug…much to Matt’s dismay.  I am trying to start small, especially since he refuses to get my decorations out of the attic until next week…silly man.  Doesn’t he realize I’ll just make more?  Bahahahaha!  I had already made the Glitter In Glass Ornaments, so I decided to start decorating my breakfast nook.  So, over the weekend, I was shopping at Michael’s and I saw these fabulous plastic chargers…in aqua.  Well, I just had to buy them, right?  Not only were they aqua, they were also $1.50.  I got them home and thought hmmmm…what shall I do with them.  And then it hit me…sting em’ up with ribbon and say something…I chose joy…
I grabbed up some Mod Podge (the sparkle formula), some glitter, and a foam brush.
I started by painting the letter j with Mod Podge and sprinkling with glitter.  I had to see if it would work…I wanted the look of sparkly snow.
Once I got the desired effect, I continued on with the o and the y.
Once they were nice and dry, I flipped the plates over and proceeded to hot glue the ribbon onto the backs of the chargers.
I just lined them up and glued the ribbon vertically.  Once the glue was dry, I simply flipped them over and hung them in between two windows in my breakfast nook.
Joy to you and all of yours this holiday season…have you started decorating yet?

My friend, @marybeth4uk has one of these and I die for it!!! #itshouldbemine #iloveoldthings http://t.co/OSnt9e4AzL - 6 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

This is such a cute “pop” of color! So you!!! I love the idea and my wheels are turning at how I could adapt this into my decor! You always have the best ideas! Love, Me

I saw those same plates/chargers at Michaels and didn’t know what I would do exactly with them. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Marilyn

Jessica! That looks fantastic!!! I’m definitely going to have to do this! Awesome idea! (P.S. Did you see your feature over at Tatertots & Jello? CONGRATS!)

These are one of my favorite projects you did so far. LOVE the colors and they could not look more perfect in your kitchen. Thanks for sharing Jessica.

I love the letters! So nice to see someone NOT use vinyl letters…. This is so much more creative…. :)

hugs x
    Crystelle

So pretty and I love that you added glitter. I also love the pops of turquoise. I don’t even have to ask if I can pin this as you already have the button ready for me, lol! So I’m pinning it!

What a great, quick, festive make!! Thanks for sharing! I’ve just found your blog and will be your newest follower! Please do pop over to my blog if you get a chance, Thanks! J9 x

Kelly V says

Whoa! I love this idea! What other creative ideas do you have? Please, share. I need a few new decorating tips.
    Oh and Your poor husband. Doesn’t he know you can’t stop a woman with a plan? Lol!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing! It looks good.