Pearls In a Glass Ornament

Pearls In a Glass Ornament
This is by far my favorite ornament.  I keep it out all year round.
It reminds me of all of the fabulous ladies in my life.  Pink is totally girly, and pearls?  Well, pearls remind me of tea parties, fancy dinners, prom, my wedding day, my sweet Aunt Irene, my Mama, my Grandmothers, and most of all my sweet Kate.  Pearls are sweet and delicate.  They are the perfect touch to the fanciest of dresses or a pair of jeans and my favorite sweater.  When I put on my pearls, I feel just a bit prettier.
These are pearls from a piece of costume jewelry that once belonged to my Aunt Irene.  When Kate was younger, she loved tea parties.  She would put on her prettiest tutu, her fancy white gloves, a pair of my heals, and of course, Aunt Irene’s faux pearls.  She sure was fancy!  One day, those pearls broke. They rolled everywhere.  Kate cried, I cried, Matt hid in our bedroom.  It was a sad occasion.  I scooped my sweet tater up and explained that we would find something else to do with those pretty pearls.  So, the pearls in a glass ornament was born.
Beautiful Pearl Glass Ornament from Mom 4 Real
Isn’t it just the perfect display?  I suppose I could hang it from my tree, but I think it deserves to sit on it’s own…the star of the show!

AMAZING TIP! http://t.co/CgS29NsBXX - 1 day ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Two words…LOVE IT! I love the idea of making exquisite, beautiful and unique ornaments! Thanks for sharing, ! Two more words- (I am on a two word kick today apparently)- SO pretty!

Thanks so much for sharing! I might have to copy that idea! I LOVE IT!

This is so pretty. I like that it is easy and inexpensive as well. Thanks for the idea!

Beautiful, simple and elegant. You girly girl Kate must love it. Like how you recycled your jewelry. Thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best.

This is neat. We recently did sand and seashells in glass ornaments–they turned out quite cute!

It’s in point of fact a nice and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

So funny that we both decided to do a week of ornaments this week! LOL! Great minds think alike! Love this one! Especially that pink bow!!!

Loving the pearls Jessica. I just saw one with buttons too, and it was adorable. The possibilities are endless obviously:)

This would make a beautiful keepsake Christmas ornament for a baby’s first Christmas. You could add the year and or their initials in mini script letters. Thanks for sharing.

Such cute ideas, I LOVE the pearls in the glass ornament. I’m putting them on my tree in my vintage craft room. Thank you for sharing!
    Wanda Ann from memoriesbythemile.com

I love the pearls ornament! I also love the glitter ornaments. I’ve been trying to find the floor wax but I haven’t found anything labeled that way. Is it the same as floor polish? I found the Bona Floor Polish (either high gloss or low gloss) but it is quite expensive, so I would like to be sure I am purchasing the right material. Thanks!!

That is so beautiful. The story behind it makes it even sweeter. This could be a great ornament for my sisters this year.

I love this, it is perfect and girly. One question though isn’t it heavy so what type of glue did you use for the top to help keep it together.

Hi, Ronda! I use E6000 glue…it’s the strongest stuff on the planet I think :) You can find it at some grocery stores, but definitely Michael’s!