Fabric Wrapped Christmas Trees

This year, I am all about keepin’ it simple.  I started my Christmas decorating in my breakfast nook this year.  I spend a ton of time here, so I want it to really reflect my personality.  I love all things aqua and white, fabric, glitter, and chippy paint.  So, when decorating my nook, I started with my glitter in glass ornaments, added a sweet little countdown to Christmas, then hung JOY chargers with ribbon.  The only thing missing was a centerpiece…something simple, made with some scrap pieces of fabric.
I found these heavy cardboard cones at Michael’s and just knew I could use them somewhere.  I had no idea what I was going to do with them, then it hit me…cover them with fabric, and group them together…won’t that be pretty!
I wanted each tree to be a little different, so I gathered three different fabrics.  I cut long strips of white fabric and sewed a simple ruffle to wrap around the large cone.  I ripped strips of aqua to wrap diagonally around the middle cone, and I ripped thin strips of dropcloth fabric to wrap from top to bottom on the smallest cone.
For each tree, I started by hot glueing fabric at the top and working my way down.
Once I had them all wrapped, I grouped them together on an old silver platter and placed them in the center of my table…aren’t they sweet and simple?  The perfect addition to my little nook…

Making my favorite dip for a fun trip with friends! You can find the super easy recipe #ontheblog!... http://t.co/aFQhgZgR2t - 7 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Jessica,
    These are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Leslie

Jessica…simply adorable!!!…Just the perfect decorations for your breakfast room…love that you chose to stay with the color scheme of the room..what could be better than burlap and ruffles!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

What a simple and cute Christmas tree you have here Jessica, I will have a try of this one.

So cute! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on at ‘Or so she says…’ There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

Love these cutie pies Jessica. Of course they look fabulous on your kitchen table too. Thanks for sharing!~

Your breakfast nook is such a happy place! The aqua and white combination is so pretty along with your cute decorations.
    Mary Alice

Thanks for linking up to our party! I made some similar trees using scraps from my grain sacks. I was actually shocked at how well they turned out. :o) Happy Sunday Jessica!

Really, really cute. I love how this looks so festive while using non traditional Christmas colors. Love the trees!