Make Your Own Urn For Less Than $3

Make Your Own Urn for Less than $3 at Mom 4 Real

Today I am going to tell you how I made myself two urns for under six dollars.
Why urns?  Well, when I was decorating my Fall mantel, I went looking for two of them, and couldn’t find what I needed anywhere.  I found urns, but they were huge and very expensive.  My mantel isn’t very deep, so I needed something small, and of course, inexpensive.  So, make your own urn…here is how I made mine…
I knew if I could use a cheap plastic flower pot for the top, I just needed to find a base.
So, as I was walking through Wal-mart one day, I saw these lime green ice cream bowls, and they were $1.98 for the two of them.  I grabbed them up and flipped them upside down to see if they would work. I literally ran to the garden center to see if I could find some pots.  These were only $1.98 each!
I brought them home and glued them together with E-6000 adhesive, and let them dry overnight.
Then, I spray painted them with chalkboard spray paint.  I used the chalkboard spray paint for a matte finish, then I lightly brushed on some aqua acrylic paint to give them an aged look.
And they were just what I was looking for!  I can’t wait to put some rosemary trees in them for Christmas!

Makeup and Martinis with @BelleVieMedSpa #happyfriday http://t.co/Fk21QcCNxk - 5 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Enjoyed your post. Wish I could think more creatively. Happy fall~Jen

Now I have another project to add to my ever-growing list to do. They just don’t get done. Gee, maybe if I spent less time admiring everybody else’s work…. I’ll gather supplies now and work inside in the winter. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
    Janet

What a great idea! I’ve been pining over the large urns I see everywhere filled with mums and pumpkins, but they tend to be pretty expensive, especially in pairs! Totally pinned this!

Hey Jessica…how clever ! I looked for so long for the urns I have now…but I wish I had seen this before….thank you so much for sharing…xo

What a great idea! I am going to try this! I need a big urn for out front and don’t want to spend alot of $$$$! Thanks for the idea! Came over from Met Monday. XO, Pinky

This is a fantastic idea–I’m pinning and going to try it out! Thank you so much for sharing, and what a creative and clever way to craft an urn–I just love it, Jessica!

LaFawne says

I really like this idea! opens up a world of possibilities to use different shapes- great job!