Make A Puppet Theater From a Pallet

I have had two pallets sitting on the side of my house for two months.  I have one project in mind, but this one popped in my head this weekend, and I decided to jump in and just do it.  I was staring at the pallets leaning up against the house, and thought hmmm…what if I popped a couple of boards out so you could see through them, like a window.  Then I thought about how that window would be the perfect size for Kate to look through, and it hit me like a ton of bricks!  She has always wanted to have a puppet theater, so I grabbed the pallet and got to work so I could surprise her when she got home from school.  Here is how I did it…
The first thing I did was pop off the second and third boards down, creating a little window.
Next, I painted the rest of the pallet a beachy blue…which I have been in love with lately.
1.  I had these cute curtains left from my kitchen years ago.  So, I strung them on a rod, screwed a hook in each side below the window, and popped the curtain rod on them.
2.  I painted a board that I had in my garage with chalkboard paint and nailed it to the top slat so Kate could write her show times and whatever she likes.
3.  I took a large shelf that used to be in my craft room and screwed it onto the top, creating a canopy…I think it just really makes it look like a real theater.
4.  I added a tip bucket to the one side for fun, then decided it didn’t look balanced and added a potted geranium to the other side.
This was so much fun to make, and she adores it!  I plopped it down right in the middle of my garden…it fits in perfectly!
I love it…absolutely one of my favorite projects…EVER!
jessicafollow

Todayk, Pauline from ChicaCircle is sharing the cutest Mother's Day Frame with Homemade Enamel Dots and a Free... http://t.co/EH92Dp1Vbd - 2 days ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Hey Jessica! WOW – this is so cool, what a great idea! Your daughter must just love it! Very ingenious of you to dress it all up like you did! Heather :)

Oh my goodness what an AWESOME idea!!!! I absolutely love this, so creative and so fun! I work at a preschool and I know our kids would love this too!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

LOVE LOVE this and so would any little one! You did a fabulous job and it will provide so much fun giving shows and watching them too :)

That is simply sweet as can be! I love this project and I can see why you do, too!
    Thanks for coming by to link up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

This is such a cute and clever idea! Kids would have hours of fun with this! Thanks for coming to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters

Oh. my. gosh. Get out of here; that’s a pallet?! I’m so pinning this; my son would LOVE it and my hubby’s work always has a ton of pallets he could bring home. Thanks so much for entering One Crafty Contest; good luck!!

This is fabulous!! Feel free to make one for me!! I’ll play in it all the time!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!
    Don’t forget to put my button on your blog :)

I love this – so cute and simple! My favorite part is that you have it out in the garden! This is going to be one of my Show & Tell features – thanks for linking up!

Hey Jessica!! I’m so inspired by this project I’m featuring it on Tuesday. Sorry for the early notice but I’ll be on vacation this week and wanted to be sure to let you know. Thank you again for linking it up!!