Decoupaged TV Tray {tutorial}

A couple of weeks ago I guest posted this Decoupaged TV Tray Table for Amy at  Mod Podge Rocks.  I was so excited to guest post for her, she is absolutely one of my favorite bloggers!!!  Now, I want to share it with you!  This is one of the easiest transformations!  I don’t know about you, but I detest…absolutely loathe the look of a tv tray table.  They remind me of The Brady Bunch, and not in a good way.  I had a set of 4 of these beauties, and now we have a table for my Mod Podge projects, a craft table for Kate, and 2 portable laptop tables for Cam and Matt.  They fold easily, and can be hidden under your couch or bed, or left out since they aren’t ugly any more!
Grab one of these lovely tray tables, and let’s get started…
Paint a coat of Mod Podge over the top of the table.
Smooth your fabric across the surface.  I use a Mod Podge roller, but you can totally use your hands!
The most important part is making sure there are no wrinkles or bubbles under the fabric.
Now, cut a slit in each corner so that your edges can be folded under the table top.
Paint a coat of Mod Podge around each corner, and under the table and just smooth the fabric over the edges with your hands.  Once you have the edges finished, paint some extra Mod Podge under the table where the corners will be tucked, then smooth the corners under.  Hold them in place for a few seconds to give them time to stick.  I recommend doing one corner at a time.
Once the fabric feels dry, paint another coat of Mod Podge over the top.  I used two coats.  Once fully dried, the top should be nice and smooth.  You could also use a large piece of wallpaper or gift wrap.  The possibilities are endless!

New post! Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe ~ Make In Minutes http://t.co/lLZjZvLZbA - 3 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

You are one Talented, Crafty, Funny, Smart & Clever Gal over there! I love what you did to this TV tray- genius! Keep rocking out those project I love checking it all out! -Jen

Oh how stinkin’ cute is that!! I love it!I love the pattern you choose too!! I have some Tv trays that I just can’t stand… I bet if I tried this they might be tolerable!! Great post!

Love the pop of color! Very cute!

makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

What a great idea for all the ugly old trays I find at the thrift shop! Great tip for getting the edges just right!

So glad you popped over from Debbie’s party and liked my Umbrella wreath!

Your link party is great – already linked up a project through one of your co-hosts, Karah.

Lots of great inspiration
    Kelly

What a refreshing new look for the tray! I also love how you light switch is somewhat hidden in the frame…clever!

I would love if you would post this and share it with my readers! Join the Community and share any of your creative project!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative

What a sweet little table now! I’m in love with mod podge :)
    thanks for visiting my craft closet!
    Lina @fancy frugal life

Such a cute tray! We hope you’ll be back to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. We loved having you! -The Sisters

Anonymous says

Is it water proof once the modge podge dries? Ya know cause thats what tv trays are used for, to eat on!

I love this idea! I, too, have several of these TV tables and I really dislike them, but covered with fabric? Brilliant!

Ginger Lee says

I was wondering if you can do the modge podge table with lilly wrapping paper???? THANKS!!