How To Cut Fabric Using Cricut {Heart Tee Tutorial}

I have been dying to learn how to cut fabric using my Cricut, so yesterday, I decided to just go for it.  I had bought some fusible web on clearance not too long ago, and had the cutest Valentine’s fabric, so I decided to make a heart tee for Kate to wear on Valentine’s Day.
I read the directions, and started by placing the rough side of the fusible web to the back (wrong) side of my material.
Then, I ironed it out, pressing for 2-3 seconds in each area to make sure the fusible web adhered to the fabric.
Next, I flipped the fabric and fusible web over and ironed the front of the fabric, just to make sure they were attached well. Then, I smoothed the fabric with webbing onto my Cricut mat, making sure it was adhered completely.
I worked on my design using Cricut classroom.  If you have a Silhouette, you could absolutely use that instead.
I held my breath and waited for the machine to do it’s magic, and the heart came out perfectly.  I tried to cut her name out too, but that didn’t work out so well…either because my blade was not sharp enough, or the letters were too small.
The next step is to remove the fabric from the fusible web.
Then, iron the fabric onto the shirt.
And that is it, my friends…a simple heart tee!
I also used my i-top to make Kate a matching flower hairclip using some of the extra fabric.  You can find my Easy Flower Hair Clip with Cover Button tutorial here.

Got her braces on! #bluegrassorthodontics http://t.co/iZ9OIrcpPS - 1 day ago

Comments

comments

Comments

I absolutely love this. Im begging the hubs for a Silhouette :) I was hoping for one today but so far, no luck. I saw a design on Pinterest where they did a shamrock and did pinch proof. Love that. Anyways, found you through Tip Junkie party. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Hi, I found you on the linky blog hop and I’m now a follower. I would love for you to follow back.

What a wonderful blog!! Just signed up to get your emails.

Hi Jessica! You have an amazing blog!! I’m so excited about following you and catching up with how the kids are doing. I can’t believe how big they are! Please tell everyone hello for me! :)

THANKS for linking up to our SLEEPY SUNDAY PARTY!!! I am so excited and I am going to try this this weekend!! ;)

What settings did you have it one when you cut the fabric? I haven’t tried it yet. But I have some projects in mind. :) Love the shirt!

This is so awesome! I have cut fabric with my Cricut in the past, it is so cool! I have got to look into the Cricut Classroom though, what is that??

This is great! I have been trying to read up on using the cricut to cut fabric after seeing a felted scarf that was cut out. Do you plan to use a different blade for fabric versus paper like you do with scissors?

Oh so COOL!!!!!! I need to get myself a Cricut.. I bet it gets pretty addictive!

Cute fabric choice! And cute little smile to go with it. :)

This is so good to know! Thanks for coming to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll join us again next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

I’m intrigued by this Cricut clasroom. I have never heard of it. I have a Cricut and would love to do something like this. Thanks for linking up to Fabulous Friday!