My Valentine’s Mantel

Since starting my blog, I have been so inspired by all of the different holiday decor I have seen, especially on Pinterest.  I used to keep my mantel the same all year round, but I have been having so much fun decorating for the holidays, that I can hardly wait from one to the next to change it up!  So, this is my Valentine’s Day mantel…
I took the picture out of the frame that usually hangs above my mantel and rolled it up for safe keeping.  I then cut the Love is… out of vinyl on my Cricut machine and adhered it to the front of the glass.  {The vinyl will come right off after the holiday.}  Then I made a small banner out of some cute paper that I found at Michael’s.  {Also using my Cricut}  I had the ivy plant, and just used some floral wire to shape it into a round topiary…I love it so much, that I think I will keep it this way.  The small frame on the right is an extra one that I had in my garage.  I simply took the picture out, painted it white, strung jute string in a zig zag pattern, then clipped some sweet heart cut-outs on the line.

I think I am really getting a knack for making new things out of the old things that I have around my house…home has become my favorite hunting ground!  Sometimes it just takes a little inspiration, like a picture in a magazine or something you see on Pinterest to make you realize that everything you need may just be right under your nose!

Keep it real!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Due to having some of my content and posts stolen by no good lazy people who don’t do their own projects, I am sorry to have to truncate (shorten) my feeds. Please don’t hold it against me, and continue reading, because I do love you and want to share my tutorials with you ;)

Love,

Making my favorite dip for a fun trip with friends! You can find the super easy recipe #ontheblog!... http://t.co/aFQhgZgR2t - 23 hours ago

Comments

comments

Comments

Very cute! I love the little clothesline frame!

That is such a creative and pretty mantle. Using wat you have and making the rest is fantastic! The ivy looks great, too! Nice Job!

Jessica, it is so much fun finding things you can use in your home! You have done a lovely job on this! I’m excited to meet you. My favorite part is the “Love is Family.” Come see mine at FamilyBringsJoy.com Have a LOVEly day! Shan

This is so darling! I am loving that little bunting on the frame! Thanks for the Valentine’s inspiration. We have a link party on our blog every weekend and we would love to have you stop by and link up. Have a great day!
    Camille
    SixSistersStuff.com

Isn’t it great how inspirational and blogland and Pinterest has brought into our lives. Your mantel is so cute, love everything about it. Really like the clothesline heart frame. So cute. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Party!

I love the frame, what a cute idea. I know, sometimes, it’s hard to stop decorating with so many great ideas floating around! I definitely need a little idea boost. Thanks for providing it!

What a beautiful mantel! You did a fabulous job! I’d be SO pumped if you’d come and share this (and any other projects you’d like to show off) at the Head to Head Showdown link party, going on right now at http://www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com I hope to see you there! ~Jen

That looks great! Happy Valentine’s Day! I am a new FB fan visiting from Crafty Mom Share. Vicky from Mess For Less

This is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing it at Sharing Saturday!

Just dropping by from BSN and your blog looks really interesting. I love your frame – it is so pretty. Hope you have a great week.

Visiting you from BSN. I love your mantel. It is very cute for Valentine’s day. Be sure to stop by when you get a chance. I am going to follow your blog. Stay in touch. ~ Quida

Hi! I’m visiting from the BSN hop. Very sweet idea! I’ve always wished I could be more crafty!

What a fun Valentine mantle. I love your big window with the vinyl ‘Love is’. Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party! You are so creative!

Looks great…so festive! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

I love your mantel decorations! I feel the same way about decorating- I can hardly wait for the next holiday to change up my decorations too :) I’m your newest follower- found you via The Gunny Sack’s link party. I’d love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you’d like! Lots of Valentine’s Day posts on my blog these days :)
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

I’m featuring you this morning over on my blog. Loving your Valentine decor! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

Thanks for sharing Jessica – It’s a great idea!! I don’t think I amgoing to make it for Valentines (ho-hum) but I might strive for Easter instead!

1. [...] paint, and decided to paint the polka dots around the edge. Now, it is the perfect addition to my Valentine’s Mantel! This would make the perfect gift for a teacher for Valentine’s Day…don’t ya [...]